EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Jinx Tower

Guest Sancdar

Since I keep confusing the two, I'll make a note here that Jinx is the tower that warps creeps backwards, while Voodoo is the one that curses them.

I think it's pretty much a terrible tower (so is Voodoo!). The delay is so long that a lot of the time the creep's already been killed by the time it goes off. The chance is low enough that you can't rely on the ability to activate.

i would rather have another tower in it's place usually... as mentioned. the creep is usually killed before the ability triggers. too unreliable.

I can increase the % significantly, and reduce duration. Instead of a 5 second delay and a 20% chance, perhaps a 3 (or even 2.5) second delay and a 50% chance?

Here's my idea, make the tower attack faster (single target)

Have all towers in an 250 AoE of that unit to have 20-40% to be teleported back 3 seconds in time.

Summary:

Tower is single target, but spell effect is AoE but works about the same as before.

Guest Sancdar

The problem with making it higher chance and lower delay is that it gets a LOT more slowing power. It would be great if it could hop them back only a couple hundred units instead of the full X seconds of travel, but I bet that would be difficult to code around corners.

Well I think there are just some builds that have god slowing. We have allready seen that we have not enough "god" builds or slowing the map is allready extemly hard and if it is unbalance we just change it back or change ability.

Sign in to follow this