EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Cameras?

I've been toying with the idea of having three different camera modes available for the game. There could be a command, or perhaps something on your worker that you click to cycle through them. It would be like this:

1. What we play with now

2. Zoomed out so you can see more

3. Zoomed out so you can see your entire area (or at least a large portion of it) at once

This would allow you to switch between towers easily without having to scroll around.

This might disrupt the balance of the game, making it too easy to control towers. This also has the potential to cause lag the further you zoom out, but of course you could just go back if you want.

Thoughts?

cool to have, but not necessary. the lag issue would be something that needs checking. this could be tried closer to the 4.0 release.. tower balancing and stuff should come first... extras like this can wait..

Guest AlienFromBeyond
I agree with holepercent. A nice feature, but not a priority.

Also, I don't think the warcraft engine directly supports such a thing, so it may be a bitch to code.

Uh, yeah it does. There are tons of maps that change the camera just fine.

And I think it would be pretty darn handy to have, and I believe it's not too hard to implement.

Guest Sancdar

Hmm, I think you might even be in a clan for a map that has custom zooming :)

It actually is very easy to do, the only thing that would require any amount of time is perfecting the values for the proper zoom. At any rate, it is something to worry about later.

Guest AlienFromBeyond
Hmm, I think you might even be in a clan for a map that has custom zooming :)

An interesting idea there... ;)

Guest FusionSlayer

yea seems easy enough to do, and its a great bonus sometimes. look at impossible bosses lol

long time ago when i played one time the view was from the sky, straight down. I don't know if it was fake-ver, if my pc was causing it or if i was dreaming... but it'd not bee too great, makes it more boring even though it might be usefull.

Guest Sancdar

Sometimes the vote camera wouldn't change in 3.0 and you would get locked into top-view, but not zoomed back far enough to be real useful.

Sign in to follow this