EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

[Beta 4] Won the map, no leak.

Finally, after so many tries, I finished the 4.0b4 on vh pick without leaking. :D

I had a ronald kill count of 3. The build was lwfn. Nova, windstorm, a bit of ice, impulse, well, tidal. Pure water to kill wave 55, pure fire to kill 58. I had two flames on lv2 in the end, but doubt they made any difference. The elemental catch after 10 went bad, and some hasty arrow massing saved me just in time.

>> Replay lwfn <<

Observations:

-The HP increase for elementals is really working imo. I have problems getting the level 1 elemental at wave 21.

-The undead bug is annoying. Very.

-The new cost system leads to fewer towers. Maybe the elemental towers should be a bit cheaper and weaker dmg wise? Dunno what to think yet.

-Electricity can solo early on. Looks like a hefty dmg dealer.

-Impulse can do wonders if microed. Tidal can do wonders if microed.

-Mechanical, healing and undead are tough, but in a different way. Healing might be the hardest, as there is no easy way out. You need the dmg and you need it quick. Maybe fewer towers with higher dmg are the sollution for a player. Undead highly favors slpash. You don't have to hurry here, as they don't regenerate. Mech tends to leak, as some of them allways are shielded, so long range or long pass can help to get the remaining, but splash helps a lot too. Fast waves are harder than non-fast waves, but most of the time they didn't scare me nearly as much as the other 3.

Placement: Here's a screen from wave 55, I just finished the pure water at 5, right besides the supernova, monsoon and tsunami. Thanks to karawasa for the great idea to play tidal on long pass. The waterfall can speed everything. The velocity has 4 attack zones on long range: between 7 and 5, under 5, under 3 and over 9 if I am in very deep trouble. Not on screen are two freezing, one at 9 and 3 each, placed as I used to play poison in 3.0 (far into the corner). They help catching mechs on the run.

eletd4b4vhlwfnnl3av0.jpg

Not as bad as it was. I have a much bigger kill zone and splash is far less rewarding in 4.0. The increase of the minimum speed did wonders here.

Edit - it seems the tidals do composite dmg with their special attack.

Guest 1mpulse

Well Done Cisz :)

lwfn is still a strong build. putting darkness in as well only makes it stronger.

go go map guru

It's stronger without darkness, darkness adds corrison but requires to remove something and w3 n3 are required for waterfall, and f3 for the pure fire at lvl 58 where water is too weak(and ofc light is required for all slow). if using other tower than pure for dmg, zunami could be used more but it wouldn't get so much better with corrison lvl 1, and if you want a corrison lvl 2(dunno the name, is it still hydrocloric?) you have to remove another element which will make you lose either waterfall(removing w3 or n3) or supernova and moonsoon(if removing light or fire(fire also includes removing the corrison2 itself)

Or was it something else you wanted the darkness for? it's good that you come up with new ideas :) I'm just wondering..

Guest 1mpulse

similar to how in version 3, you used one elemental pick for nature. yeah i played a game this afternoon, pretty psyched about it, finished the game with no cheats and on very hard same random :> (8 lives left >.< , first time finishing vh :)) i randomed basically the same build as ciszs but i had all elements, f,l,w, n level 2 and fire level 3. hmmm while i noticed that darkness isnt required at all because of the armor reducing tower changes.

i think that waterfall isnt really needed... because the spring tower provides enough attack speed on the tidal towers to level up very quickly, so nature 3 isnt THAT important, being needed only for the waterfall. although, if tidal is the main damage dealer its important.

one level in earth doest look to bad, giving you blacksmith and polar

but if cisz can finish no leak with this build, then it must be good just the way it is.

@cisz, can you please email me that replay, i cant download it and i wanna see how you play this build

Guest 1mpulse

thanks alot cisz.

i think that ronald should be nerfed ALOT. you owned the evil child level but could only kill 5 ronalds

Guest Sancdar
Or was it something else you wanted the darkness for? it's good that you come up with new ideas :) I'm just wondering..

Trickery <_<

Guest 1mpulse

im trying to stay AWAY from trickery for now, and other bugged towers, it makes winning not so nice.

in random , if im losing, i wont lie, i abuse it. :)

@sancdar

i know tricketry is gonna be as good as well and blacksmith but as far as i understood it was buggged and i yet didn't try it myself, and i avoid sugguesting something i do not know. but after the bug(if there is any bug?) is fixed, darkness can be added yes, else earth could be added for enchantment and blacksmith, instead of darkness' corrison and trickery. so, it depends what the build wants to do^^

or keep it as it is, as cisz proved is good. but maybe it is stronger with earth or dark, depends also what damage towers those builds contains.

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, I wasn't seriously suggesting Trickery because it's just SO strong right now - 1 level of dark to gain Trickery and sacrificing a level of nature has zero impact on you because you've effectively got as many Pure Fire towers as you want.

Guest 1mpulse

trickery cant duplicate a pure though, but as many impulse towers as wanted is damn strong

Guest Sancdar

It can't? I guess I've only tried on Periodic so far, and that works.

oh, and for the ronalds, I heard that they should grow in streangth to infinity until one dies through some damage engine, but i could kill infinity of them...

Guest 1mpulse

if you micro the electricities attack in the beginning you wouldnt have those random leaking ones.

and i tried this build, and you gotta interest properly otherwise you cant build the second pure by the darkness mechanicals =(

Sign in to follow this