EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Ronalds

There is no doubt that the current "Ronald System," is not up to par. The fact that Ronald never ends, is not popular among players. Additionally, there are a lot of glitches, such as Ronald Overflow and Ronald Lag. As a result, "Ronald System," is in need of redesign.

There obviously needs to be a limit on Ronalds spawned. There also needs to be some change in how slows/stuns etc. affect them.

My original idea was to make Ronald a boss. After the game ends, it spawns one giant Ronald. The problem, is that it would be unfair to splash towers. Another idea, would be to make Ronald like a hydra. You kill the giant, he splits into two smaller ones, you kill them, they each split into two more smaller ones. This could go on for an "appropriate," amount of time.

Please feel free to brainstorm ideas.

Guest mrchak

He could be a flying unit, and attack your towers (towers could all lose their 'invulnerable' ability this round, as well as any new towers you build during round 61)

I was always very fond of the final round of Burbenog TD where the dudes come out, and they were all named after the developers. It would be fun for developers to all have their own dude that comes out. I get to be Ronald!!!

ronald.jpg

That's me from High School

How about this:

For every ronald after the first, say, 200 that entered the section of your map, you lose a life. Maybe 100? Never counted them, but a few tests should give a good value. So stacking them would be as lethal as it is now, but much faster (you don't have to wait for the ronald overflow), and with less workload for the hardware.

And noone would have to remove the problem from the map, it's just up to the player to build sensible. :wink:

Guest mrchak

Touche

But seriously, I think they should be a bunch of huge bosses (like 12 of them) with different models, different stats, named after the developers/beta testers, and they should come from all corners of the map, on Attack mode. Either they win or you do. No holds barred grudge match, to the finish.

Ronald has a meaning. He should slowly wear down the remaining players, to find the winner.

Letting them attack the towers sounds nothing like that.

(And I'll keep building single arrow towers, while making interest from 100k networth, all other towers sold. So they will never get me. Never!! Bwuahaha. :twisted: )

Guest mrchak

Good point thought - its important that during the ronald round all remaining players are worn down so there is a single winner, but after that, I think its satisfying to finally kill off all of them. So does that sound like a gameplan? A final round that is strong enough, and keeps getting stronger until only one player remains, then gives that final player the opportunity to finish them all off.

After all, as far as winners, there can be only one!

By the way, I like the idea of losing a life for every ronald that is spawned while you currently have, like 100 in your area, so just slowing them is sure to kill you.

Yes, that is a good solution to the Ronald overflow. What do you guys think of the Hydra idea though? If it is tough enough, it should definitely wear down players.

Guest mrchak

hydra is very cool - allows both your single damage towers and your aoe towers to do their thing. It would be kindof scary having a big clown explode and a lot of little clowns pop out... and more out of them.. so on.

If each level is tougher than the last, that would be pretty fun.

The big ronalds should cost just as much lives leak as the number of mini ronalds in them.

If each big ronald splits into 3, and each of those splits into 3 more, then a big ronald should be 9 lives (agree? maybe +1 per heirarchy level)

Tiny Ronald 1 life

Medium Ronald 4 lives (3+1)

Big Ronald 13 lives (4*3 + 1)

Because in order to leak NOTHING, you have to basically kill 13 units...

It would be cool if each level of ronalds is tougher, and moves faster.

I'm not entirely sure this idea gels with the lose a life if your current ronald count >100.

Sign in to follow this