EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrinkSlurm

[BETA 2] Bugs and Suggestions So Far

Guest DrinkSlurm

I've been playing Beta 2 for a little while now, and I've accumulated a list of bugs and suggestions so far. I will update with more later on.

Update 1: Sept. 06, 2007

BUGS

INTEREST

-It appears that interest is earned when the timer reaches "14" instead of "0."

-Interest is no longer earned during Ronald level. Is this intentional?

BUFFS ON CREEPS

-It seems that the special effects attached to units last indefinitely. E.g. When creeps run past a Kindle Tower, the Roast ability burns them and attaches the flaming special effect. However, even after leaving the AoE, the flames still persist until the creeps leak. The same thing happens with other abilities, such as the slow aura on the Tornado from the Windstorm Tower.

UNDEAD CREEPS

-After reviving, the undead creeps would sometimes either stay still (sometimes fleeing and then returning to its revive spot), or move backwards for a short distance before going forward again.

TRICKERY/MIRAGE TOWER

-The Conjure ability hotkey doesn't work.

-The Replicated towers created by Conjure don't show an expiration timer. (I know from experience why this is: it's because structures do not show the expiration timer. But maybe you can figure out a way to show the timer by making it a unit with zero movement perhaps?)

VOODOO TOWER

-Maledict ability should have a hotkey and cooldown?

SPOUT TOWER

-Seems to be missing the Erupt ability.

ABILITIES THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO CAST BY THEMSELVES?

-Roots Tower: Gaia's Wrath

-Nova Tower: Explode

-Voodoo Tower: Maledict

ABILITIES THAT SHOULD HAVE AUTOCAST TURNED ON WHEN TOWER IS BUILT?

-Polar Tower: Frostbite

-Blacksmith Tower: Fire Up

-Enchantment Tower: Faerie Fire

-Well: Spring Forward

SUGGESTIONS/WISHLIST

KINDLE TOWER

-Mention the AoE of the Roast ability in its tooltip.

PERIODIC TOWER

-Add a hotkey for the Periodic Tower

-Make a new lesser version of the Periodic Tower. It should be available once you have level 1 of each element, it should not require an essence to build, and of course it should cost less and do less damage. This 'lesser Periodic Tower' would be upgradeable into the current 'greater Periodic Tower.'

WINDSTORM TOWER

-Change the Tornado ability so that it can be turned on or off, like an autocast spell. If autocast is turned on, it will automatically summon a Tornado like it currently does. If turned off, it will wait for the player to manually summon the Tornado at the desired location.

-Tornado ability tooptip: mention AoE of slow and damage

HAIL TOWER

-How much damage deos the Impact ability do? Is it splash?

QUEST INFO

-Now that Undead and Mechanical are so different, add details on Creep Classifications to the Quest Info.

HYDRO TOWER

-You probably made this tower have Earth damage for balance reasons, but it doesn't seem to fit with this tower. "Hydro" makes me think of water, the attack projectile is blue, and the special effects of the launch ability (forgot the name) looks blue and watery.

WELL TOWER

-I think Well Tower should increase attack speed and movement speed (for Heroes, summons, flesh golems, etc. and whatever their v4.0 counterparts maybe).

TRICKERY/MIRAGE TOWER

-When you upgrade from Trickery to Mirage, the Conjure ability gets better by having a faster cooldown. I think it would make more sense to have the Replicated tower last longer instead of a faster cooldown. Version 4.0 already has so many other new things that require attention and micro, I think it would just be easier on the player to not increase the amount of micro needed to get the max potential out of his towers when they upgrade.

RAGE TOWER

-Go Wild ability tooltip: mention cooldown time

QUANTUM TOWER

-Teleport ability tooltip: mention cast range

OBLIVION TOWER

-Summon ability tooltip: mention duration, damage of summoned archers

GOLD/WEALTH TOWER

-Orange numbers should appear above attacking tower instead of target. There is already so much flashy stuff happening on the creeps. Also, it makes more sense because it shows how much gold is gained by the tower, rather than some effect happening to the creep.

TIDAL TOWER

-Splash ability tooltip: mention what the maximum level it can reach is.

ICONS

-Any thought on how the borders of icons should look for passive vs. active vs. autocast abilities?

That's all for now. Probably much more to come later, as I have not yet tried any different modes besides VH, nonChaos, nonExtreme. No comments about balance at this time.

Great job. Looking forward to seeing the Laser Tower ability!

Guest 1mpulse

yeah i agree about the units reviving, but i only played once then had to leave and i noticed level 21 revived on full life.

bugquitap3.png

here's one of the bugs i found when one had lost and left the game some creeps kept ruinning around and around and around

I also find that the thing thet the space between spawned creeps is longer so it's much easier in the beginning and with the speed of a nature tower and almost an arrow one pass is almost enough to get them attack as fast as hitting every creep once with nature tower. That means that racing is so much easier. i could even play area 7 and / with only nature towers at lvl 18.

Guest emjlr3

yea :), none of my spells have bugs yet, all of a few hours l8er, heh

when you say spout does not have erupt, you mean the Kara left out my mega bad ass on attack ability from that tower, which makes the map infinitely cooler?

Guest DrinkSlurm
when you say spout does not have erupt, you mean the Kara left out my mega bad ass on attack ability from that tower, which makes the map infinitely cooler?

Clarification: Hydro-Spout-Geyser Tower

The Hydro Tower has the Eruption - Level 1 ability and it appears to work just fine as far as I can tell. When you upgrade to Spout and Geyser, they do not have the Eruption - Level 2 and Level 3 abilities at all.

(Very cool spell, by the way. I like it a lot!)

A few more updates...

HEROES

-It appears that we shouldn't even be testing Heroes at all in Beta 2. Lots of skills are messed up (probably using old ability IDs?)

-I think you should either provide shops for items for the Heroes, or get rid of the Inventory.

-In the tooltip for summoning a level 2 elemental, is it possible to add a brief description of the Hero you would get? (Of course, it also says "Applicable only in HERO MODE" or something like that.)

ELEMENTAL SUMMONING CENTER

-Add hotkeys for summoning elementals, interest, and essence.

POLAR TOWER

-The same issue about earth vs. water damage I described above for Hydro Towers applies here. Balance of damage types aside, it just seems to make more sense, visually and by the names of the towers, that they should have water damage.

ENCHANTMENT/INCANTATION

-Even with autocast on, Faerie Fire ability does not automatically cast on creeps. It can still be manually cast.

The surviving teal person is me :P

Here are some replays and feedback:

My first replay:

(Actually the second but I forgot to save the other)

(Same as picture but replay)

http://rapidshare.com/files/53898680/Fi ... 2.w3g.html

(Same as picture but replay. Me, Jolin012 and Kingzor)

http://rapidshare.com/files/53898925/pa ... g.w3g.html

(Sorry mixed the replays. Fixed now)

Results so far: (most important and common)

Voodo Tower: Maledict doesn't autocast.

Undead creeps are not reviving correct, and sometimes stand still or move backwards. (To hard only slight easyer and they are perfect to make a hard wave. We still don't know the towers yet and that makes the game even more harder)

Conjuring Tower: To complikated.

Spout Tower: Absolutly perfect(exept earth damage) when it will be done. (Bit more speed or higher chance of erupt)

Well And Blacksmith Tower: Should have autocast on at the start.

Hail Tower: I still don't understand exatcly how this works. Only seems to shoot round the tower in a circle!?!?

Tidal Tower: I still don't know how this ability works, doesn't seem to work.

Kindle Tower: To weak and animation bugged. (Only starts to deal damage when it is beside the tower.)

Poison Tower: I miss sun towers allready.

Death Tower: Should be reworked, lots of players don't understand what it is doing and only the first and second attack counts.

Drowning Tower: God, no balance change here I think. But it were much more fun with the splash.

The *Impetus* Tower: Perfect, Exelent but it has a MAYOR bug.

When attacking a revived undead unit the ability stops working and it only deals 1 damage. (Many players its youst a random creep and it stops working, but it is revived undead units.)

Pithpath Flesh Golem Tower(or something): The uppgrade is faar to big in higher levels and it looks uggly :P But nicely done with the ability.

Personally I think interest is youst fine. Before you often sold towers when about 1 or 2 but you often had delays and the tower were sold to late. So you had to time it pretty god, But this is better.

Zeliot Tower (The troll that gains speed with every hit): Gets crazy speed and then, it youst reset the cooldown when all the creeps is killed.

I soloed 1 of this towers to a high level.

(Only undead water can come thrue this one)

Fire Tower: This is a rather strange tower, no known bugs yet?

seems to be little to weak, or is it and extreme support tower to be used in the faar end in mass?

Guest czt

Some undead creeps after respawning stops and they need to be pushed...

also undead creeps give 2x gold. They die and gives gold they again respawn and again give gold. this is a bug?

I think that the polar tower need projectile speed increase. Because projectiles of polar tower fly with unit at one speed around +10.

I've loosed at 56 level and there was Undead level.The undeads that I've killed were respawned when I've die.This is a bug?I was died and the creeos respawned and continued moving this was hapenning whole game that other players playing

I'm newbie in your community and dont say me that I'm very Critic your map.

I think I've sayed all that other guys sayed :(

sorry for my bad english

Check out Jolins screen shot on kingzor when he died on an undead wave, or check the whole replay hosted by me.

Hmm, I have never got gold from undead twice, have I?

Guest czt

em... about creeps that go jolin012 writed that the creeps spawns is space... I saw that the whole map starts lag... because when I've moved worker there was big delay... I was host of the game...

I havent got laggs yet.

But I found A Critical missing ability!!!

The uppgrade of Hydro Tower Doesnt have the skill!!

I wanted to try geyser if it had the ability but i died level 44 so i couldn't test.

(I forgot to save the replay !!! :cry: )

(Edit) The ability also has a tence to permanent stun a creep. It youst stands still.

Guest DrinkSlurm

One more suggestion: for all summoning towers (e.g. Oblivion), is it possible to add a Rally Point that the summons will automatically attack-move to when they come out?

Guest Sancdar
INTEREST

-It appears that interest is earned when the timer reaches "14" instead of "0."

I noticed that this is still the case in Beta 4. It's actually pretty annoying for me - both times make equal sense, but changing from one to the other just messes with everybody who has gotten used to the original timing.

For me its much better, you can sell at 1.

But in the others there were different times everytime.

(It feeled like that anyway)

Guest Sancdar

Actually I noticed that when I played in single-player (as opposed to a battle.net game where I was the only player) the times were normal. Now I'm just confused.

Sign in to follow this