EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrinkSlurm

List of all official versions

Guest DrinkSlurm

Can anyone make a list of all official versions of Element TD? I want to purge all unofficial versions from my comp. Thanks.

Guest mrchak

Just listing the numbers isn't going to mean much, but here goes:

1.0 11/11/2005

1.5 12/20/2005

2.0 1/16/2006

3.0 10/29/2006 (I think)

Guest DrinkSlurm

I was pretty sure that 2.6 was a fake, but was 2.5 also a fake?

Guest mrchak

2.0 was the last official version (i.e. made by me) until 3.0. came along. 2.5 was made by SOMEONE else. I don't know who, nobody ever contacted me about it or got permission.

Guest frankie4fingers
Didn't 2.5 come with one of those patches? Darn them...

no it never was in one of the patches included

but it was a spotlighted map at battle.net -> Element TD 2.5 @ Battle.net

i started playing eletd with this map and i honestly thought it was an official version :roll:

Guest mrchak

Yes, believe it or not, 2.5 became the most common found on battle.net and it was spotlighted by blizzard. I never played 2.5, I avoided it since I knew it was unofficial, so I don't know what was different in it, probably some tower balance changes.

2.5 is not the one where you have a hero in the opponent's area, and you can cast buffs on their spawns is it? I don't know WHO made that version, it was very silly.

Guest Sancdar

Nah, 2.5 is a pretty solid version if I remember correctly.

2.5 fooled everyone (except Chak of course), I thought it was a legitimate version until Chak himself told me it wasn't. I assume it caught on because the unknown updater actually tried to improve the game. It is rather funny/sad that Blizzard spotlighted a fake map. I contacted them, but they seemed to not care at all (i.e. no response/action).

Guest Sancdar

It's not really "fake" if it improves upon other maps.

Well a make considered "fake" is an unofficial map not made by the original creator. (unless it has been passed on to another mapper or its an open to edit map.)

Guest mrchak

When 2.0 was released, it was not protected if I remember correctly, because I wanted other people to be able to learn from it and improve on it if they wanted to... I think the best custom maps should be open to others to learn from the triggers, abilities and so forth. If map creators are more open about the content, then the overall quality of custom maps will increase, so that was my reasoning. I figured that over time the best version of the map will become the most popular, so it is sortof an organic process. I was never upset to find out that someone developed the map further, on the contrary its a complement.

On that note, I'd like to see some way for people who are interested in map development to be able to see the triggers and learn from them in Element TD when it is released. That would be awesome, especially if this can be achieved without having the map file itself editable (i.e. exporting the triggers or something like that).

Guest emjlr3

you can post the war3map.j, as well as an open version of the rotected map, which removes the triggers in it but leaves all of the objects

Guest Sancdar

I looked through the 3.0 beta triggers once upon a time, which is how I learned that heroes decrease your income from bounties. It just...takes a little more effort.

Guest DrinkSlurm

Is it possible for me to get versions 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0?

Guest DrinkSlurm

Thanks. I got 2.0 from epicwar, but that's good enough.

3.0 is not open source, huh? Can I just ask, mrchak or karawasa. In version 3.0, what is the projectile art used for the Laser Towers? Is that a custom imported model?

Sign in to follow this