EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

American News

I haven't really seen the news in other countries (except for BBC News), so I can't comment on how their media operates. What I can say, is that I am tired of American news media rehashing the same shit about stupid and insignificant stories. There is a war going on, and they spend weeks talking about Paris Hilton going to jail...

Anyone with me on this? If not, please explain why.

yep news like this its stupid (paris hilton too)

and britney :)

it s for sell more newspaper i think

it s the same in france on peoples newspapers

but not on the news tv (they are newspeoples for that lol)

but the informations are not so intelligent too

in the moment many news for the "tour de france" and the doping

Guest Warcryptic

In the newspaper here in Holland its not so spectacular, more news of our area around the newspaper and sometimes a post about football, tour the france of the wars, but no much, its more news that they sell more.

On the tv they talk more about the crisises so no problems about that.

In germany we have a constant stream of "suicide bombing in (insert either iraq or afghanistan)". It's not excatly news anymore, more like common knowledge/everydays buisness. Thre are currently some abducted germans, so that is rating a little higher. As usual, who cares if hundreds of foreigners are dying, if one of our fellows is in danger of getting hurt.

Guest MasterTenor

I can tell you that American news media if for the most part extremely stupid. "If it bleeds, it leads" seems to be the philosophy of most of today's newspapers, and then if there isn't anything useless about a celebrity, they talk about the caucuses and the upcoming Presidential campaign.

Right now I'm getting most of my news from Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show", which is kind of sad -- but it's better than having to read about something stupid.

Guest Sancdar
As usual, who cares if hundreds of foreigners are dying, if one of our fellows is in danger of getting hurt.

Quoted for truth. A few weeks ago I was watching the news really quick, CBS or something, and they spent five minutes talking about how the death count of American soldiers in Iraq had reached X level recently, and some terrorist camp was graduating new soldiers and releasing a propaganda video...and fifteen seconds saying that an American missile had gone off course and hit like an Iraqi school or something like that.

Guest mrchak
Right now I'm getting most of my news from Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show", which is kind of sad -- but it's better than having to read about something stupid.

I heard a statistic that this is true of most people below the age of 25.

For me, its Wikinews. If its bad news, you can just change it!

Guest GkJ-mo

i stopped reading/watching news alltogether (besides not even having a TV anymore)

95% of the stuff mentioned does fit this image: 9706_gallery_big.jpg

and besides that, official media news (for the german readers: tagesschau) does not mention stuff showing governmental errors

just like they remained silent as some paranoid maniac politician started "releasing" his crazy ideas about reducing human rights (read: schaeuble)

...until there was SO much criticism around the net and on the streets that they had to cover it, although they silently hid the facts that would show how wicked the stuff he said really is

so... my conclusion was: you dont miss anything by avoiding news...

just like in "hey didnt you hear, croatia was completely burnt down" - "no i havent... why would i care anyway?"

Sign in to follow this