EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
gwho

Water and Magma Terrain Visibility

the 2nd and 4th slots, water and charred, terrain respectively hard a bit hard to distinguish stuff in.

I really dont like it when i get either of these two places. No sure what can be done particularly, but throwing it out there.

I noticed the water level in the 2nd area is a bit high. Going to see if I can lower it.

that would work beautifully.

For the lava area, maybe if the high ground and the low ground were different terrain palettes. (one is dark dark, and the other is the more lighter grey colored ground).

I fixed area 2. We are out of tiles so that is not possible for area 4.

if you go to the terrain editor -> textures,

you can find some pretty distinct coloring for increasing contrast.

I think the "red char cracks" texture (my bad, i used improper terminology like "palette") would look great where the creeps move, while the high ground where you can build towers, stay the dark rich texture as is now.

No, I mean we are limited to 8 and already using 8.

yup i got that.

but within the terrain of the 4th one, there are tools to give the hi ground and low ground more of a visual contrast. Doing this doesn't require a new ... "template" (?). just different texture wtihin the same terrain template.

i can put up a screen shot if i'm not being clear enough

Oh, I wasn't aware that was possible. So it doesn't count as an additional tile?

i'm not clear on what words have waht definitions.

when u say tile-set, taht would be one of the 8?

in that case, yes, within the same tile-set, there are different "textures" to make the same land look different.

its in terain editor -> textures -> "red char cracks"

See we use a custom tileset (picked the 8 tiles separately). So, I don't think this is an option. But, I will check it out anyway.

Edit: Yup, we are out of luck. What we did was take one tileset and replace the paths for each tile. You can only use one tileset. So we are stuck at 8 tiles. Maybe something can be done with doodad or something but I don't know at the moment.

Sign in to follow this