EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Saving Blink Tower

Currently, Blink Tower in my opinion is not good enough on Random Mode. With the ability to sell and rebuild at no cost, it is easy to relocate towers. I do realize that Blink Tower allows you to move around instantly, and with no downtime.

What I am proposing is to add some additional effect to the Blink Tower. Perhaps, where the Blink Tower ends up after a blink sustains AoE damage, or an AoE effect.

What do you guys think?

Imagine this: A group of blink towers selected, I press "b" and click a general area on the minimap, and the towers jump over, placing themselves bewteen the stationary towers allready placed there (slow, armour reducers), looking for free slots to fit in.

If you really think thats to weak, make it blink instant and w/o cooldown and give them a very fast attack, so they can pratically keep firing. But you will notice after a few games, that this tower is too strong, even better than summoning, and really doesn't need any help to be usesfull on rnd.

Rebuilding takes time, and micro, blinking should be simple, so you can use your work elsewhere.

And I think it would be nice to have a tower with a greater effect on pick, since we allready have towers that work best on rnd.

And I think it would be nice to have a tower with a greater effect on pick, since we allready have towers that work best on rnd.

Which towers are those (now)?

Are you telling me that you want to drop all live giving towers and instant deaths? Maybe you should stick a big warning label somewhere to make this more clear. :wink:

Guest mrchak

As it stands, Life tower and Crypt tower are still going to be kept, right?

You're right, Cisz, its much much better than selling and rebuilding. and It could be really hot, especially if you just give it an area of the map, and it chooses the best location. So yea, I think you've changed my mind. I'm a fan of blinking buildings.

(Can they be BURROWING buildings? how hot would that be? they burrow down, and pop up in a different location.)

I'm a zerg player, so burrowing sounds cool. Live for the swarm. And the model could be the zergling. :twisted:

Guest Sancdar
Imagine this: A group of blink towers selected, I press "b" and click a general area on the minimap, and the towers jump over, placing themselves bewteen the stationary towers allready placed there (slow, armour reducers), looking for free slots to fit in.

GOD YES

Alright, lets try them and see how they work.

Crypt and Life are being kept. Crypt now works on all units (model/name change will come), and Life now works on everything but Composite Armor creeps (model/name change, perhaps).

Mmm no comments here, I don't know if this is a god idea or bad idea until its tested. xD (is there a way to add more Emoticons similar to the xD smiley?)

a tower that moves instantly doesn't need any more help. and i don't think the towers should take the best place available. maybe a condition that the arrangement of the towers is fixed and there must be space available on the area the tower blinks too (maybe allow rotation)

Guest mrchak

Yea, I don't think finding the "best place" is necessary but finding the closest open spot to the center of the target of the ability is more like it. If The tower can't find one, it should just not go anywhere/stay where it is, yes?

I was thinking along this lines: They should place themselves as close to the clicked spot as possible, while keeping nicely to a grid so they don't take away to much space. As long as all your towers are kept to the grid as well, you will end up with a tighly clumped build.

Sign in to follow this