EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest haeresis

[4.2] Element Query ?

Guest haeresis

Some may consider this a suggestion, but since I can't imagine this being by design, I consider it a bug.

Unless I'm missing something, element query no longer provides any of the information it did in version 4.1b. Specifically, element levels and interest rate. The information currently displayed in the element query is interesting, but is completely different and in no way a replacement.

This stood out to me immediately in my first random round using 4.2. The element query was, by far, the most efficient way of determining what level duals and triples you have available. As it stands, you could look at the items in the upper right of the map and add them up, look at the elemental summoning center and determine what you have, memorize, or just experiment with building towers. None of these are much fun, and all of them are less efficient than having the information provided in a list.

I truly enjoy this map and am passionate about seeing this changed. I admit I didn't spend much time looking around for this information in a new location, but this bug/change completely turned me off as soon as I noticed it and I quit almost immediately. I briefly searched the forums to see if this had been mentioned before. My apologies if I'm just ignorant and and didn't notice this information provided somewhere else, that this subject has been covered previously, or that there is a new command for it or something.

The element query was rarely used (at least by the beta testers) and hence removed, replaced by what it is now. In draft pick, there is still draft query.

To find out what towers you have available, there is dual and triple query (what used to be tower query, now split into duals and triples).

Guest haeresis

Understood.

My concern isn't so much with knowing which towers are available, as yes the tower query option accomplishes this, but with quickly determining which levels of each dual/triple tower are available.

I get that for the more hardcore players this may be of little concern, but for the casual player or first time player doing random solo or all random, this can make quite a difference and lead to much greater success.

For instance, having the tower query display more detailed information, like the upgraded name and/or what level, would go a long way.

Again my apologies for moving into suggestions now. I wouldn't be surprised to see this thread moved.

True. No problem. good to hear other perspectives too, especially newer players who contribute workable ideas.

While good, may lead to some concerns

-information overload. how much information does the average player really bother about? does the player have enough time to process the information in between building towers and microing.

-The more information there is, the longer the text is expected to stay on the screen, may lead to excess clutter in mid-endgame, with the text and numbers (from various towers, interest, creep gold ...)

thoughts?

One option is to make Tower Query consider the level of elements too. I think the best way would be for the name of the tower to simply change to match the highest level available. That way we don't have to add additional text to the display. It will be up to the player to know the difference between names, but I think that's a fair requirement.

Sign in to follow this