EleTD.com
Twilice

[Support / Damage Towers]

Quite timetaking, but I propose add a support / damage tower description.

I everytime I play se newbies get owned just because they massed cool nova towers with slow effect instead of getting some damage duals and a single nova.

Just for a quick example.

But I think it is really hard to learn for new players that support towers are faar from damage towers, or ateast should be.

True but where to add this?

wordy tooltips are not exactly friendly to read for players, with little time available before building/upgrading.. players just upgrade to the highest available upgrade usually (in rnd).

suppose the loadscreen could do with some brief intro to the overall game concepts.. but there is no space there as well..

Whats about a blue text like "Thls tower is a slowing tower, don't build it if you haven't got damage towers!" and a red one for "This tower is a damage tower, It is important to build some of them." and for the others in yellow "This tower is a support tower, don't built it if you haven't got other towers."

Obviously this text is in the tower tooltip.

In my view if you add a text with blue color

ex. Impulse - Damage

or

ex. Voodo - Support

Somewhere atleast where it is flashy, but not in the way.

You say most people ignore that, but what about all those 250 damage cooldown 1.5 stuff? Shall we delete those. I bet more people would se the SUPPORT rather then "Bites enemies with bitter coldness, taking away 7% of current HP. Damage done during this time is amplified by 3.5%. Lasts 15 seconds." Don't you think?

This TD indeed lacks info for beginners, but I don't know if that's so important... I guess it is since that is what makes one's first impression of the map.

it's just that I have seen so many beginners because they massed support towers as first tripple.

it's just that I have seen so many beginners because they massed support towers as first tripple.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But massing triples alone should be enough unless you play on Hard/Very Hard and beginners shouldn't play at those levels.