EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest serdelus

[4.0]Game crashes after ~200 ronalds

Guest serdelus

Today me and my mate played the game, he on ap ve went interest, interest, 3xfire, earth, water. He filled whole map with best towers with ~1.000.000 net worth. When ronalds came out, the game crashed without warning at about 200 of them. Obviously I haven't got a reply.

There is a debate on if the game saves a "last replay" or not when it crashes. So could you check if there is one of your game? Just in case.

Guest serdelus

I checked and it didn't.

Still, why excactly game crashes on Ronalds ? When skimming JASS there was something about arrays being to small. It's it?

Still, why excactly game crashes on Ronalds ? When skimming JASS there was something about arrays being to small. It's it?

Interesting find about the arrays, could you elaborate more on that one.

Guest serdelus

When skimming JASS (I planned to make a map) I read something about the max in array being 8192 elements. Trying to write element[9000] will obviosly crash the game. The number seem awfully similar to the number of ronalds crashing game in 4.0pb. I'm experienced programmer and it was mind boggling enought for me to remeber ;). It caused game crashes when in vJass you tried to allocate more than 8192 instances (or even less if your type took more bytes) of a single type since vJass keeps every single handle in an array.

Moreover, I played second game with my mate and it crashed again at ~200 ronalds. This time we kept save after 60 wave. The nick is AnalFakir (no comments :P), but you should check if you have the same errors. I'll attach it.

Edit:

Ok i tried to attach it but it returned Error Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file. Here is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/327ued

I had over 12000 ronalds on pb ve, so 9000 is not the limit here.

Guest serdelus

Most crashes are caused by memory leaks in the map, and i think it's the most propable scenario.

Do you send unprotected map versions? I could look through it, but I'm not promising anything since Jass is so much different than normal civilised languages ;P

What is a .w3z? Your attachment failed because replays are .w3g :P. Since there is a need for a 4.1 so quickly, it would be nice to nail this bug too while we are at it.

Guest serdelus

It's a save game after 60 wave from the game that crashed.

I checked it, game still crashes at 298 ronalds for me.

Guest Legendcc

Any update on this?

Me and my friend have both d/c after around 225 ronalds.

Its upsetting :S

What we know so far:

The 4.0 will allways crush at 300 ronald kills, if you are not on very hard. This has been fixed for the upcoming version.

But.

There still are reports of a ronald related crash that we don't understand yet.

So the status is confused and a little weird.

Sign in to follow this