EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MyVoiceHurts

Make dark better...

Guest MyVoiceHurts

I realize that every element has its own characteristics, and someone has to be the slow, high spike damage tower--dark. While this is the worst kind, I don't think dark's combos should be just as poor. As it stands, any "instant death" tower is horrible. They don't work enough of the time to make them any better than, well--any other option. I'd probably pick anything over an instant death tower, unless my most powerful tower was a Drowning tower or something, and even then I'd have to think about it. Point is, death towers should either be buffed, or some better combos need to show up for dark. Lich towers are decent, summoning towers are okay, but the only really good dark towers, in my opinion, are mire and hydrochloric. Meanwhile, the other elements have tons of great combinations that are the best in the game. Some are situational (i.e. tech towers), but when they fit into a situation, they go miles. Again, dark doesn't have this. I'm just bringing this topic up to see what the rest of you think, since I haven't seen anything else here about it.

Guest Sancdar

Er, Dark actually is in Tech.

I get your point, but aside from AoE slows, which are being shifted around, Dark doesn't lack anything in my opinion. Although to be fair, with the current tower distribution, I think the only element I choose less often is Earth. Well, that's why I play mostly random.

I think Dark is ok in most aspects, it's a slow+dead end role in the game, instant kill is pretty strong if you post your towers well, but you definately leak on undead and mechanical waves. Tech tower D+E compensates it a bit. Maybe some minor changes needed, but thats all imo.

I just don't like that Drowning D+W+N and Crypt D+E+N Towers are using a similar skill, thats a change worth.

The instant death towers suck on pick but they are great for early/mid game on random.

How about enchantment?

Poison is great too imo. And tidal. Or magic. Flamethrower is not exactly great, but not bad either.

Guest Sancdar

Flamethrower used to be godly, now it's not really worthwhile.

Sign in to follow this