Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Eletd Ladder planned features

So far I personally think:

-Bot hosted games.

-Cross server hosting.

-Automated matchmaking.

-No mixed games (ladder/non ladder).

-Players have to be of similiar ladder rank to gain/loose points when playing each others. (Countering loss accounts and grinding for points.)

-There needs to be a maximum score. (Prevents activity substituting skill.)

-There needs to be a minimum number of games you have to play to avoid decay.

-Players have to "qualify" by playing non-ladder games for a while. (So loss accounts take work to create.)

-Cross server hosting.

will we also have bot running on Garena and such that can cross connect with Bnet players?

Afaik this is possible if the garena guys use the same version of tft.

-Cross server hosting.

will we also have bot running on Garena and such that can cross connect with Bnet players?

this, I wont be using that bot for sure.

13est, you will be using this bot, because if you don't use the bot, you can't play ladder simple as that.

All ladder games will be hosted by the bot, and the bot will host them to as many places as possible, and if garena has ladder players, it will cross host on garena. Same goes for euro-b-net and all regular servers.

You don't have to use garena, the bot will simply allow garena players to play with you. Do you hate garena players? Deal with it. ;)

You don't have to use garena, the bot will simply allow garena players to play with you. Do you hate garena players? Deal with it. ;)

Assuming such cross-platform compatibility is possible (they usually use older versions on Garena too, don't they).

Guest Sancdar

I think that players with older versions will be unable to see the hosted game.

Garena is just a v-lan system, right? So they are free to use any version they choose.

Guest Sancdar

I think it would be possible for the client to check WC3 versions, but as far as I know it doesn't. Any Garena players know for sure?

It's probably much more simple: In a lan, and garena is a lan (v-lan), there can be thousands of players using tft, and only those with compatible versions will see each others games listed. At least that's what I remember from SC.

13est, you will be using this bot, because if you don't use the bot, you can't play ladder simple as that.

All ladder games will be hosted by the bot, and the bot will host them to as many places as possible, and if garena has ladder players, it will cross host on garena. Same goes for euro-b-net and all regular servers.

nonono, ok, I got it all wrong.

I just hate the program Garena :P