EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NinoDoko

Income strategy

Guest NinoDoko

Hey everyone

As you probably see, im new to the forum, but ive been playing the game pretty long :) . And i need some help.

So far, ive been using the income strategy. U know, using as few towers as possible, and get a hell lot of gold. This usualy gets me the famous 1 000 000 gold. Then i fill up the entire building area with my choice of towers.

However, tho this was working on easier difficulties (like very easy, easy and medium) i thought id chalenge myself and try it on a harder difficulty. However, it hardly worked - i either overbuild and the income is wasted, or i dont build, i leak and i lose.

So, have any suggestions on how to improve my income strat?

My usual build is get 5 incomes as soon as posible, and get the 2/3 elements which i combine.

However, i lately started using other strats. Most common :

5 - element

10 - element (another one, for combination)

15/20/25 - interests

30/35 - elements (the previous ones)

40 - interest

45/50 - elements (the first 2

55 - element (another one i use to buff/slow/debuff towers/units )

This build was good in medium, but i find it difficult to use it on hard/very hard. So, any help?

It would soon not be possible for 5 interests.. interest farming is also a strategy for single-player. in competitive multiplayer, others would rush you out of game. Gold tower isn't as easy to mass being a triple now. Also, in lower difficulties, the gold is the same as a VH player but a lot less towers are needed.

basically, you'll need a mix of towers. In 4.0pb, the best build is all 6 elements with all at tier2 except either light or dark, ending with all support towers and periodics. Light gives more single-target support while dark gives more aoe support. there are quite a number of replays in this forums of the 6-element build. Some of the 4-element builds are also playable.

you could provide a replay for us to analyze....

most interest possible would be to use only arrows/cannons/elemental arrows/cannons until around wave 30, since they all sell for 100%. thus you can abuse the buy/sell tactic and gain more interest that way.

just a matter of building fast ^_^

Guest NinoDoko

thats exactly what i've been doing so far.

Before the beta, i was going for 5 interests and then 6 element build. Lots of glaciers, tidals, 2 periodics, flamethrowes etc and there was uber slow, dmg, and everything i needed. However, since the beta most of the abilities are gone so, even if i play 6 element i dont know which combinations i should use.

anyway, i think i will try the 6 element build again. 1 question - do i keep gold to get income or spend it as soon as possible?

Many players here play multiplayer most of the time, so "just enough towers to keep me in the game" is more than you need when playing alone. ;) Also, many players here play on random a lot, so they keep selling and rebuilding some of them for the entire match (all towers sell at 100% on rnd).

If I'm playing on vh pick, I'd usually start with an arrow opening for a good compromise between interest and speed, and then spend most of my money for midgame, until I get some strong tower to a high level (like monsoon or waterfall), so I can keep some gold unspent again. This midgame also requires me to add, sell, and rebuild some elemental arrows or cannons.

Have you seen some decent replays? If not: Are you playing on the latest version of tft, 1.22? (If you play on the battle.net, this will be the case.)

Guest NinoDoko

no, im playing on 1.21

but i guess i can find the 1.22 patch

btw, can u post a topic or 2 where i can find some good replays?

Guest Sancdar

If you're playing alone (or against slow players), two or three interest to begin the game is still very possible.

Guest DKthe13
If you're playing alone (or against slow players), two or three interest to begin the game is still very possible.

Indeed, just as sancdar and kirby say:

Build non-elemental till lvl 30.

So:

5 - $

10 - $

15- ele

20-ele

25 - $

30/35 - elements (the previous ones)...

Indeed, just as sancdar and kirby say:

Build non-elemental till lvl 30.

So:

5 - $

10 - $

15- ele

20-ele

25 - $

30/35 - elements (the previous ones)...

i can kind of understand wanting to get an element as your third pick so you have access to element arrow (more efficient), but I can't really see why getting another one at 20 is justified if you're planning on doing 3 interest picks. Ok, you're going to have to deal with 1 or 2 waves where you're gonna be forced to use super arrows, but that's not THAT bad, is it?

I personally prefer to open $$$ before getting any elements, just because I feel like I'm "getting the most" out of the interest picks. It's true that the gold you spend temporary is less efficient, but I feel like the greater interest probably makes up for it--especially since most of the time you pretty much end up getting a full interest in between waves (when you should only have basic arrow towers around).

However, if you're not feeling like building so many towers, then yeah, don't open $$$.

Guest NinoDoko

i tried a couple of games in hard...And the most efficient build i find is a 6 element. U have support towers, slow towers and damage towers. If u go for interest, u have less towers (which means u can miss some really valuable towers) or get them all but low level.

Anyway, i will keep trying with interest.

i tried a couple of games in hard...And the most efficient build i find is a 6 element. U have support towers, slow towers and damage towers. If u go for interest, u have less towers (which means u can miss some really valuable towers) or get them all but low level.

Anyway, i will keep trying with interest.

oh yes. dont get me wrong--in 4.0PB the 6-element build is the most powerful one, and there really isn't that much reason to trade those element picks for interest picks since you're losing some very strong lvl 2 triple support towers if you do that. But if you're aiming to play something other than the most powerful build, to make things a little more interesting, then doing 2 or 3xinterest can be pretty fun ;)

keep in mind though that i've been playing a different build where interest picks actually increase the interest rate by a bit more than in the 4.0PB...so i may be overestimating the validity of the builds.

Sign in to follow this