EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest zamundax

Please editors of ELE TD - fix the lag

Guest zamundax

Remove some of the visual effects that some towers attack because when they stack it creates AN UNPLAYABLE LAG! :(:shock:

Several of the towers have been found lagging, but fixed by our cool programmers who optimize the stuff codes and stuff :)

Which towers in specific are you thinking of? You could help us by telling, cause perhaps there are some we didn't think of.

Also perhaps you should take a look at the name of this thread, and change it to something that tells us what it is about, and not jus tthat it is about something :)

Guest zamundax

Well I played just before i wrote this topic and my towers where Roots,Nova,Monsoon and Magic towers and the lag was unhumman I had like 1.5 FPS...

ok, those towers are not much special cause of lag. either yo uplayed with 7 other players or your pc always lags?

Guest Void

It's called a ram card. Either that or the game you played before it leaked a lot. In order to clear lag from leaks, restart your computer.

Well I played just before i wrote this topic and my towers where Roots,Nova,Monsoon and Magic towers and the lag was unhumman I had like 1.5 FPS...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but a replay sounds like it would be very useful in this scenario. We could then determine the level of lag, and also whether it is his computer or the game.

I too am a bit skeptical on this one though. With the exception of Roots, those towers should not be able to cause lag in any quantity. Roots is no more performance intensive than Poison or the "new" Ice, and the performance of all three was improved in the private beta cycle.

Guest Sancdar

Since he's talking about public beta my guess is that it is either on Ronalds or it was a multiplayer game and at least one other player was building Electricity.

Guest biyabo

In general, I have a hard time playing Ele TD except on low graphics. My laptop which has a Radeon XPress 200m (admittedly not a great card, but it can play any other TD easy) cannot even run Ele TD on minimum, meaning > 1 FPS.

Would it be possible to have a text command like "-graphics off" to replace the spell effects of towers with simple effects? For example, after activating, have the spell effect of every tower be the glowing ball projectile, but in different colors for respective elements? This would make Element TD playable by many more older computers and laptops out there.

Between my friends, all of whom love Ele TD, we usually end up playing Gem TD or other games at our LAN parties because having 8 players on Ele with several people on laptops makes the game unplayably slow. We'd all rather play Element TD, but not with 1 FPS.

Don't get me wrong, I love the spell effects and everything. If older computers were given the option to turn them off, that would be great. My computer can handle the game on medium graphics settings, but laptops, not so muhc.

I guess you play Element TD Public Beta. Afaik Karawasa fixed some performance issues in Private Betas.

Turning off effects is an interesting solution but it is lots of work. (Maybe for 4.1 :P) We'll see what Kara says.

And could you provide detail information about that laptops please?

Guest biyabo

I've actually made a separate post about my issues in the General section. The private beta does perform better, meaning that it's actually playable on the laptop up until about level 58. In general though, I'm glad that the map is being made more accessible for older computers from everyone. I am from the Philippines, where LAN Cafes rule the gaming scene, and all the cafes have dated computers and they run DotA on minimum graphics to get playable FPS. They love TD's there but stick to old, broken, low graphics TD's because quality TD's like Ele cannot be run on those computers.

Guest Void

If it's the coding, it's fixable. If it's the graphics themselves, well, it's fixable, but not by us... you just need a new computer :P

Sign in to follow this