EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Frostebite

Frotsbite - Freezes an enemy so that the next attack that hits it does double damage. The ice shatters after the next attack, and it is back to normal.

Thoughts?

Guest mrchak

Oh I think it's great - Ice towers could now be a single-unit attack with this ability.

Guest mrchak

Oh I think it's great - Ice towers could now be a single-unit attack with this ability, and leave AOE slow to another tower type.

Also, when the ice around them shatters, it can do some damage to nearby units possibly.

Might be a little too strong for a normal tower and to weak for a game winning one.

Guest Sancdar

I don't see how it would be stronger than say, Roots. Make the ice wear off after the standard X freeze seconds, and you've got a Roots that is weaker if you don't use it strategically but stronger if you do.

I don't think it will replace Ice, instead it would replace Roots as that seems to be the best option (being that it is a single target disable).

Guest Sancdar

But...something's replacing Ice, right? And this ability does seem to make the most sense as an ice-based one.

Guest mrchak

I'm just saying: If we want 4 AOE slows, and if Water+Light = Ice, then Ice will not be an AOE slow.

Speaking purely from elements, I think Water + Light makes sense to be ice. Since it's a dual element, I think this ability makes good sense. The Ice (WL) can be a single-target disable tower, while a triple built off of ice (WLE for example, or WLF) can be a aoe slow.

All I'm saying, I think Ice makes sense for W+L. If ice is a dual, this is a good ability for it.

A suggestions for the ice tower, is to add slow the more you uppgrade.

Instead of having all 3 levels the same slow.

Afaik ice allways was slowing stronger with each upgrade.

Guest Sancdar

I thought it only improved the slow by a small amount, but increased the AoE a ton.

4 AoE slows? The requirement for the 8 triple dual towers is that they are game making. I don't think Frostbite should replace Ice tower, it should replace roots (one tower I want to redesign).

MrChak is right, it never improved the slow, only AoE.

I think you are referring to this:

Slow 1 LFN Nova

Slow 2 LWE Glacier

Slow 3 NDE Oil (just my opinion) (Weakest slow)

Slow 4 FWD ???? (any ideas?)

Armor1 LFD Enchant

Armor2 NWE Erosion (Weaker armor redux)

Xtra 1 LFE Gold

Xtra 2 NWD ??? (needs to be a hot abilitiy that makes it stand above the others)

I would say:

LFN - Nova

LWE - Whatever new AoE slow we decide upon

FWD - Tornado

LFD - Enchant

NWD - Acid

NDE - Tower with one of the new abilities

LFE- Tower with one of the new abilities

NWE - Tower with one of the new abilities

Guest mrchak

I think these awesome abilities should only be included if they make sense with the towers and the element combinations. It makes no sense that Earth + Nature = a tower that can freeze things and give them frostbite. Thats all I'm saying. We may think of a million awesome abilitites, I don't think they should be included just for the sake of having cool abilities on the towers. What makes the element combinations awesome is that you can sortof see the logic behind the combinations (at least in my mind thats whats so cool about it). If each tower and its ability was totally arbitrary, the game would just be about strategy and the beauty behind it would be gone. So although I'm raising a general concern, I have 100% faith that this map will turn out great, since Karawasa did such a great job with the last version.

Sign in to follow this