EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

[b17] After reading the changelog

First impressions before having played the thing:

-Thanks for autocast on on trickery.

-Hydro stacks now? :shock: Cool if true.

-Dark, gold and life all have 1100 range and 1.5 secs now, bad idea imo. 1100 allready has a too small coverage in many cases, and somebody pointed out (can't find the post atm) that with 1100 range the tower needs to be fast to do damage. Else creeps can run by and the tower never fires, like on fast waves with a small coverage. So there is a very good reason not to do that precise thing you just did. Like 3 times. :?

-Why the summoning slower again? Nerfed the tower on random again? Or did you give in to the complaints about heavy micro?

-That's a big boost to drowning. More hits/sec means more rolls for instakill. Dunno if thats needed, but hey, I barely use the thing yet, so it might be needed.

-Why boost laser? It was strong allready, now I'll be able to dominate the world. I mean map. :twisted::D

-It's not in the changelog, does flamethrower still mass kill a wave? As in "the explosion is napalm too"? So it can chainreact an entire wave? Edit - Karawasa stated on the irc that chain-napalm-wave-destruction is gone.

Guest DevouringOne

First 1100 ranged darkness with 1.5sec even with 200000000000dmg is very very hard to be used. No one will use darkness towers...

Second: Only two damage added to earth? lol it is still too weak...My replay for the draft #3 Shows how weak earth is...

Third: no change in fire towers?! They hold very very very hard even nature wave at level9...

And as Cisz said stacking hydro is cool.

And buffing Laser YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YES YES YES YES. Finally laser and impulse are really equal :)

trickery cloning pures result in the pure essense count getting screwed up.. the first pure i cloned the count become 0/1. then it became a arbitary large number..

And buffing Laser YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YES YES YES YES. Finally laser and impulse are really equal :)

laser and impulse should not be equal =/

i'll try to play some SR on this, so I can get a better sense of things.

Guest Sancdar
-Dark, gold and life all have 1100 range and 1.5 secs now, bad idea imo. 1100 allready has a too small coverage in many cases, and somebody pointed out (can't find the post atm) that with 1100 range the tower needs to be fast to do damage. Else creeps can run by and the tower never fires, like on fast waves with a small coverage.

Why is 1100 range bad exactly? It is enough to hit from 4/5 to the bottom lane or from 1/2 to the top lane. It's not super long range, but it works well enough on Electricity for sure.

If you mean that it only gets a few shots at creeps at the edge of the range, I guess that's true. If it's not getting ANY shots, then that means the attack delay should be adjusted.

A player (forgot who or where) said, that a 1100/1.5 tower will not shoot at fast creeps on the outer lanes, or maybe sometimes not shoot. If that is true, 1.5 on 1100 is a serious nerf.

I said that.

I thought just like about 50 range increase or 100 range increase to either 1150 or 1200.

I liked the new range, but when I played extreme (I think it was beta 14 or 15) the towers wouldn't shoot the creeps, because they moved to fast. (but they were slowed again)

But I also had the same problem on some undead waves, or when the creep clumped. Since they moved a bit out of range from 1100 and the tower couldn't reach it.

Well I know it is not a good test, but if you look at the map in world editor you should se the pattern even though everything is symetrikal.

-- On some edges the tower fires more shoots. (unit moves differently even though symetrik regions)

-- Tower start to attack at little to late

testmap.w3x

Sign in to follow this