EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Pulse Tower

Basicaly, the tower sends out pulses that damage everything in a line, and the pulses go from one of these towers to another (a single one of these towers would ahve to have a different attack) So depenign on how you set up the towers, you could have the pulses go back and forth, or around in a network, shooting these lines of damage back and forth. EAch pulse could have a max total damage that it could deal. I just imagine placing these towers in very strategic places and ahving these pulses of energy shooting back and forth, damaging the spawns that are walking underneath them.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure about balance, but I really like the idea of two towers forming a pair with a connection. It's very diverse, sounds like tricky placement. Even if it's hard to get a decent ballance, the idea is imo good enough to be worth some effort to make it work.

We already have something like it with the Prism towers. This would be the other tower that has some sort of "linking," ability. Is two too many?

Guest mrchak

If the pulse tower could somehow interact with the prism tower, that would be hot. I am all for strategies that involve interactions between different types of towers. I have to give some thought as to how the two would work, but I imagine shooting a pulse of energy through the prism then having it spread out in an AOE or something. That would be hot.

Like the pulse towers could have certain support abilities, it could build up energy in other towers like batteries that could release them in big bursts.

I feel like pulse could be very cool for a modification of the Lightning ability, since distance with critical strike isn't too interesting.

Sign in to follow this