EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DevouringOne

Are there any element towers that need power up/balancing?

Are there any element towers that need power up/balancing?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DevouringOne

According to me these towers must be reworked:

+Darkness - too hard to handle!

+Earth - Small damage but big cd(1 sec)

+Fire(range buff up to 600range?)

What is your oppinion?

I think the issue is that single element towers don't have much use. Arrows and cannons work fine in the early game, and duals and triples are superior to singles for the rest of the game (as they should). Pures are pures, and won't be considered here.

Do we want singles to have their own role? If we do, then we ought to nerf/remove elemental arrows/cannons, which I don't support doing. They are necessary for sell/rebuild in pick.

So how about this: Make single element towers (except pures) sell for 100% in pick. And then axe the elemental arrows/cannons.

from build project

earth needs a buff

darkness a slight buff.

fire feels like it needs a slight buff.

water and light balanced.

nature feels balanced.

in random mode, refined elements have their uses.. elemental arrows and cannons are early game towers..

Making elements minus pures sell 100% would actually allow more sell and rebuild interest farming in midgame.. like they can be built to cover a defence's weakness and sold after that wave, where using a few focused or refined is stronger than spamming elemental arrows or cannons..

usually also the refined element tower is built a few waves before pures.. which if they can be sold without penalty is interest farming.. the interest here can be quite significant..

I am willing to compromise in saying that only regular singles should be sold for 100% in pick.

( But honestly, why not just allow interest farming on singles in pick? I think the only reason towers sell for 75% in pick as opposed to 100% in random, is to compensate for the fact that pick players can plan what towers they're using by making them plan. But as it stands, there is another difference: random players can interest farm the whole game, and pick players can't. I don't think this is necessarily a distinction that has to be kept.)

That's not really what I'm trying to accomplish though, which is why I'm willing to have only regular singles sell for 100%.

What I'm really trying to say is: Make regular, first-level, non-amplified singles exactly the same gold and power as elemental arrows/cannons. Elemental arrows/cannons don't deserve to exist.

Guest DevouringOne
Elemental arrows/cannons don't deserve to exist.

Delete this or kirby will kill you :D. No they deserve to exist becouse they are powerful for early levels (15 - 25 ) and they give you 100% gold becouse they're root is non-elemental tower.

blasphemy!!!!!!

What I'm really trying to say is: Make regular, first-level, non-amplified singles exactly the same gold and power as elemental arrows/cannons. Elemental arrows/cannons don't deserve to exist.

elemental arrows+cannons are useful because arrows give you a single target damage and cannons give splash. thus you can have light cannons which give light AoE damage, and you can have earth arrows which give earth ST damage. you can't do that with single element towers alone.

and of course they are so useful for interest farming, that i would never play AP if they didn't exist.

This is all assuming there are no changes.

If we implement the change that ALL single element towers can be sold for 100%, then:

-This turns AP games into SR-style games for me. I won't lay down ANY permanent towers except for a few support towers. Every wave I will simply sell all of my single element towers, lay down 24 new ones according to element damage types, and then upgrade them all. I think this would be great fun, but I think it would also be imbalanced, and ridiculous. Trust me, I could do SO much with this. It's basically playing a SR game, except I get to make sure I get all 6 elements.

If we implement the change that only FIRST level single element towers can be sold for 100%, then:

-I will still be able to interest farm more than before, because single element towers build much quicker than element arrows/cannons (keep in mind you have to upgrade 3 times). Element arrows and cannons are still necessary because of ST/AoE types as i said earlier.

However, you bring up a good point: Right now, in AP I never use any single element towers aside from pures, unless I'm really restricted and I have no other source of good damage for that element. In SR I normally just end up using amplified element towers before transitioning into duals and triples. The only time I use refined and focused is when i get randoomed.

We talked about them yesterday (morning :P) in #EleTD. I am going to post the summery if we're finished.

Guest DevouringOne

Hmm stressful results...but I'am scared from the results of the last one poll...2 votes for this...

It requires a slight buff...

Sign in to follow this