EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tigershark]T-T[

Sludge vs. Acid/Enchantment BUG

Guest Tigershark]T-T[

Hi there,

this is a bug I recently realized, Ubernuber and now Cisz as well can confirm it. If a unit with faerie fire and/or acid on it gets hit by a sludge/mire tower, its armor is being reset to full (+15 on vh) - which apparently sucks when You use sludge for slowing and enchantment/Acid for armor reduction ;-)

This happens with all combinations (ACID upped/unupped, Enchantment upped/unupped, same for sludge). However, it seems to be connected to the sludge ability of the tower only, because splash damaged units are NOT being affected.

Game on,

Tiger.

8)

Guest mrchak

yes, the sludge ability is basically purge, so that would explain it, all positive and negative buffs go away.

Guest Tigershark]T-T[

That's what I thought - but it actually is not meant to do that, right? Meaning - in 3.x will you be able to fix it? ;-)

Oh. Why? I think a splash tower with single target slow is a pretty unique concept.

Guest mrchak

It seems like this is going to be a completely different map, redesigned specifically to showcase crazy abilities that can be done in Jass... I don't know what to think, but the first beta will be a good indication.

Sounds like the first beta has a good chance to annoy the fans. :)

It seems like this is going to be a completely different map, redesigned specifically to showcase crazy abilities that can be done in Jass... I don't know what to think, but the first beta will be a good indication.

I wouldn't go that far. The idea is not to showcase crazy JASS abilities. The idea is to create towers that require some skill for the player to use.

Cisz says that Sludge is unique because it is a single target slow with splash damage. To me, it is a tower that requires nothing but building, the only skill possibly involved with the tower is to try and micro it so it doesn't keep slowing the same creep.

There are a lot of crazy and flashy JASS spells that I could put into the game. Yet, none will make it in unless they offer something unique. Unique to me is not a single target slow with splash damage. Unique is something that invokes skill of some sort to use (be it micro, placement, judgment etc.).

Let the first beta be a good indication of what is to come.

The idea is to create towers that require some skill for the player to use.

Cisz says that Sludge is unique because it is a single target slow with splash damage. To me, it is a tower that requires nothing but building, the only skill possibly involved with the tower is to try and micro it so it doesn't keep slowing the same creep.

I like that attitude. :)

The idea is to create towers that require some skill for the player to use.

I like that attitude. :)

Good, then you won't be an Element TD fan annoyed by the first beta :).

Oh, I most likely will be one of them, but I will swallow my anger and release it in some games of public 3.0 vh sr race. And then I will try to get used to 3.1. :wink:

Now that I think about it, there is no way to not be annoyed. The game will take getting used to again, so regardless of how much of an improvement it is, it will still require re-mastering the game :(.

Guest Tigershark]T-T[
Not necessarily an annoying prospect!

agreed. Though it has a tendency to be ;-)

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to 3.xBeta, even if there's no more sludge :roll:

I wonder if I will ever notice that the sludge had disappeared :P

Almost never use sludge and clay.

I can micro but in TD's im to lazy

Only doing it in Ordinary games. 8)

Sign in to follow this