EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

[Beta 11] Maledict Darkness-> Armor type ignoring

First of all I'd like to say b11 has many good improvements, but several failed improvements aswell.

Before this beta I claimed that maledict had to be both armor and armor-type ignoring and in irc chat both K and Cisz agreed. But I read in the change log that you turned into Darkness Damage. That is wrong as the damage it repeats already is treated by armor-type.

I initially felt bad because Darkness won't have a support triple that does damage. But we can buff the attack more, and make the ability composite.

Maledict belongs to it's buff and should therefore and like I explained be composite and armor ignoring.

It's damage should, if we want the map balanced, be equal to all the other support triples. Which currently isn't the case (corrosion beeing the strongest triple with around 12000 dps, and voodoo polar and enchantment relying on 300 dps). Aswell as it's buff should be equal. When i say equal it doesn't have to be straight equal say all having 3000 ST damage at 900 range. It's ok with an avarage dps beeing equal, with factors like luck, skill, micro and more coming into play, perhaps even like with enchantment/corrosion that the lower damage one has it's effect last longer.

But that would be boring.

Ofcourse we want a balanced map, but how fun would that be?

Balanced variation is what we(I) want.

And not just 100% balanced.

(this is for corrosion)

yap. that's what i mean. so when maledict is composite i don't really mind that voodoo has a bit too strong support and a bit too low damage, and it involves luck/good placement required. to get as much of the damage dealt in the first 2,5 sec, and the attackers not to follow units and do the kills before maledict strikes again.

ok, that might have been random ruybish bnut what i mean is, when maledict is changed back to composite and armor ignoring im fine for now the current setup :)

And by "damage" karawasa means the towers attack and jolin is speaking of the special ability? :wink:

And by "damage" karawasa means the towers attack and jolin is speaking of the special ability? :wink:

I know he meant the attack by that, but we were speaking of both the damage and the ability.

Sign in to follow this