EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Accomplishments

Here you can post your accomplishments.

Here is mine, Played a ladder game, my teamplayer dropped but I still won by quick changing stradegy.

ALL HAIL TANKS!!!!!

Well I thought I were going to lose when he dropped but I managed to do it anyway.

Gosh I hate those who drop....w3g

quoted from a wcreplays post/sig:

===

Breakdown of buttons pressed during battle by the average player of each race (non-custom keys):

Human: B-->T, Right-click building

Undead: C, N, Left-click targets

Orc: Right-click, E, C, W (<- I think he meant X not C)

Night Elf: A, Alt+Tab

===

...just makes me look forward to sc2 more =p

i shoulda gotten into SC and not have to worry about 100 towers > 100 raiders, 1 DH > my army, types of annoyances.

:?: Now I don't get it at all.

Wy will hotkeys make a small piece of you die?

And are the quotings from the replay or what?!?!? :P

I still don't get it :oops: .....

Guest Shadow_Fang

u know? starcraft 2 comes out on august 1st, and i plan on getting it xD

quoted from a wcreplays post/sig:

===

Breakdown of buttons pressed during battle by the average player of each race (non-custom keys):

Human: B-->T, Right-click building

Undead: C, N, Left-click targets

Orc: Right-click, E, C, W (<- I think he meant X not C)

Night Elf: A, Alt+Tab

===

...just makes me look forward to sc2 more =p

i shoulda gotten into SC and not have to worry about 100 towers > 100 raiders, 1 DH > my army, types of annoyances.

u know? starcraft 2 comes out on august 1st, and i plan on getting it

OF NEXT YEAR?!?!?! That sucks...so much wait.

@13st

sorry maybe u aren't into the whole "imba whine" culture of wc3 :lol:

basically i was just saying, any replay where mass tanks are involved is...not a pleasant one for me to watch. i dont think tanks are really imbalanced, but I think they're annoying as heck and I hate to see someone winning off of tanks. It's the same as whenever you play against someone expecting a normal 1v1 and then he builds 50 towers in his base. It's not unwinnable or truly imbalanced, but it sure is annoying as hell.

the quote i posted is just poking fun at all the races. None of it is true of course (well to SOME extent it is true), but it is just some humor...

Human: all they do is build towers (b->t), and then attack bases with tanks (right click buildings)

UD: all they do is coilnova nuke (this one is actually REALLY TRUE rofl)

Orc: all they do is hex and ensnare the shit out of your army (E = ensnare) and then have their Blademaster go and knife everything to pieces (W = windwalk)

NE: Night elf is always known as the "imba race" so they dont even have to micro :mrgreen: you get the "alt+tab" right?

i think I once made a flowchart for wc3 that was basically the same thing.

Like,

HUMAN

-Build towers

?:have you won yet?

if no--Build more towers

UD

-Coilnova

?:all enemy units dead?

if no--coilnova

Orc

-Altqq (since orc is always known as the weakest race. again, not really true, but it's just wc3 popular culture)

I dont remember what I did for NE.

Here's another quote:

(as night elf)

1) write down all unit names on pieces of paper

2) put pieces of paper into a hat

3) pick out two unit types from the hat--this unit combo works vs orc.

sorry i know a lot of the humor is lost on you guys unless you are into the wc scene, but...maybe one of you will get a chuckle out of these.

I'm not even that good at wc at all, mainly because I don't practice ladder, but I still follow the scene from time to time. From what I've seen SC is infinitely better. IMHO starcraft is harder to pick up and easier to get screwed, but it's at least a lot better in the sense that:

-Not as many "lame" strats (mass tanks, mass towers, mass batriders w/blademaster)

-Static defense is actually effective without being imbalanced (as opposed to warcraft where towers > all. You know something is wrong when a viable strat in high level play is to build towers at your opponent's base...aren't they supposed to be defensive structures???)

-Much much more gameplay variation (in WC3 same heroes and units are built almost every single game. True there are differences depending on the matchup, but not much...and orc always gets grunt-raider-walker every game every matchup even in 2v2 -_-;)

-More balanced (warcraft 3 is not very imbalanced, but you absolutely can't deny that Starcraft is more balanced)

-More exciting to watch

etc etc.

The con is that starcraft just has a higher learning curve and seems in general to be more demanding.

but that's just my opinion anyways.

just fyi most of my experience playing wc3 has been 2v2 AT ladder, which has in general been pretty fun. It doesn't feel as "stressful" as 1v1 ladder, and I go random (my partner is UD) so I get to change it up a lot. I don't like playing against those damned Orc/NE teams though, they're way too strong.

Ok, I get it.

Still have you watched it? I didn't win because of tanks but they really helped me alot.

Maybe it wasn't one of my best replays.

But since the new patch and reduced amount of laddergames this one I thought was a nice replay specially when my ally left.

no i haven't watched it =pppp

if you want i will when i get home.

reduced amount of ladder games? if anything i would have thought the new patch would bring about at least a LITTLE more interest in WC3. i mean not much, but still...

disclaimer: HU is my worst race.

I mean I play less ladder games.

But I have started a little bit to play some more.

I used to rock at 1v1.

But now I am lazy and go random 2v2.

i mean i dont play RT so i'm not used to having to carry the team.

but i couldn't tell what the heck you were going for/trying to do. mass tier 1 FE into eventual gryphs? why pally first? egh...whatever. i dont distrust your skill, i just think it's odd. But as you said, you were being lazy :wink:

Yes, but you never had pally first?!?!?!?

Well I usually had mountain king but I started with paladin.

Everytime I go versus undead I chose paladin.

They usually forget about his skill and then BAM dead. :P But players get better these days. But random team matches is all about mass tech secretly and then mass 2-3 tier units.

And when played human having level 3 armor on knights with level 3 aura devotion aura AND inner fire they get about a total hp of more then 2000!

And when I rush them I usually have gryphons attacking them. And usually I had chopters for anti air, but I started using tanks.

P.S. well you could say I have started to play like that, but everything goes much faster.

pally first is viable (though imho not very "elegant") vs UD. i wouldn't choose him first in a 2v2, but it's not really terrible either. again HU is my worst race anyways.

the knight/gryph/innerfire/devotion combo works. No way to stop it, at least not as orc =P Bats are a joke against that. Only hope is zerkers maybe.

yeah it seems like RT would mostly be about massing tech/expo.

have you ever done any "fun" or "innovative" strats that actually stand a chance? I'm always looking out for those. You have to be GOOD to pull most of them off though, that's the part that sucks. But I would love to have an off-the-wall strat that i can actually use in a 2v2. IMHO it should be a little more possible in 2v2 than in 1v1 where everybody does cookie-cutter. Iono, something like UD/Orc Pitlord/fiendshee with spirit link or something.

I remember one replay where Axslav randomed UD in 2v2 and got Alchemist first and hacked the shit out of all the other heroes. Alchy with an orb of corruption, plus unholy frenzy. And frost wyrms are like flying liches. Yummy...

It doesn't happen all that often, but have you ever seen a Blademaster with orb of corruption? Damn, that shit is is intense o_o;

Hehe, true.

For quite some time ago when almost ALL night elf did huntress -> bears

I used human bloodmage and fast tech to dragonhawks :lol:

Actaully I can't belive it worked but it usually did. But I don't think it would work these days.

Sign in to follow this