EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
DDRKirby(ISQ)

Efficiency of arrow/cannon towers

I once made the statement that versus composite waves spending all of your gold on super arrow towers would be more efficient than spending all of your gold on element arrows because of the damage reduction, but I'm not actually 100% sure of this.

What are your thoughts on the relative efficiency of the different arrow and cannon towers? Assuming equal gold and neglecting the time it takes to build the towers, is 500 gold in super arrow towers significantly better than 500 gold in basic arrow towers?

Obviously for elemental waves if you have the right element then it's the most efficient to do that. But what about composite waves? Should I be making element arrows to deal with knights or should I stick to massing super arrows with my quick build speed?

Math tells me that elemental arrows hit composite targets at 2.1666 dmg/gold while super arrows do 2.842 dmg/gold. If you are fast enough, you can gain 30%.

In theorycraft at least.

My experience tells me, that it's easier to relocate 800g of elemental arrows, than to build 800g of superarrows once in a laggy game.

of course elemental arrows are always easier, sans the one extra upgrade step.

but if you build as fast as I do, it becomes feasible to use super arrows. Though of course it can get hectic at times, and maintaining proper -placement- during all of that is a nightmare. =P

Sign in to follow this