EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevs926

kevs926 suggestion thread

Guest kevs926

I. Drowning tower remake

attack point: .01 (so no stop spam)

upon creation, set ramaining mana to 0

each round, mana pool of the tower will change to 2x(it's up to Karawasa and MrChak) the initial hp of a unit for the current round. It's 2x for a reason.

variable D = initial hp of a unit for the current round

each attack, the drowning tower will gain 3000 mana (3000, because the current drowning tower has [3000/enemy hp]% chance)

after it's mana reaches an amount greater than or equal to D, set its mana to

mana = current mana - D

then kill a random unit(except elementals summoned every 5 rounds) within its range(ex. 900)

D is set to max hp of a unit as soon as a round starts regardless of remaining "previous round units."

For elementals every 5 rounds, the old trigger will do if no one can't think of how the insta kill should work on them. Tower will not gain mana for attacking them if that's the case.

How did i come up with such an idea?

1) i just want drowning tower to be as accurate as possible

ex. 9k hp unit has 3k/9k chance to die upon drowning tower's attack. That means 1/3 hits will insta-kill that unit

following the trigger i made, it's the same idea but more accurate

2) to show the difference for insta-killing a 2500-hp unit and a 3000-hp unit

Before, it was 100% chance to kill a unit as long as it's hp is less than or equal to 3k. But now, it makes a difference.

ex. 6 2500-hp units compared to 6 3k-hp units

6 2500-hp units will die after 5 attacks from drowning tower but

6 3k-hp units will die after 6 attacks from drowning tower.

*The old trigger will probably give the same results but now you can see the difference.

*Also, this is the reason i want the mana pool to be greater than the initial hp of unit.

II. Builder modification

there should be a hotkey for tower query and should only list towers, not ability color key

tower list should not flash so fast and disappear so fast,

also, colors should be added to towers list depending on what type of damage they deal.

example: kindle should be colored grey, hail colored white...muck = black and so on

if it's possible there should be 2 queries..

1 for duals and 1 for triples

III. Impulse tower

i think impulse tower should have a very fast projectile speed. Sometimes it happens that a unit died but the tower still has an incoming projectile, so it is a waste of hit. Increasing the attack point could also be a good idea.

attack point around .5 and projectile speed around 10000

also, change the projectile to something more nature like. You can use enchantress' impetus projectile because it's more nature-like.

I personally don't like the drowing idea, (didn't understand half of it) but I think drowning is good as it is now.

I also think the query is moving to fast, I have said before but it just got turned down every time.

I don't know about the impulse tower, right now you have to micro it for maximum performance, if you raise the speed you still need to micro it a bit but not as much as before.

Guest kevs926

well, the drowning tower idea removed the idea of being a luck-based tower, but made it a good early game tower.

on impulse tower, it's already stressing to attack far away units but avoiding those "miss hits" needs a so-so micro skill.

Imo There's nothing wrong with "miss-hit". just look at slow towers, they have "overkill-damage" instead. It's compensation enough imo(to not have overkill damage compensating the missing). Unless Speed is supposed to be something good to compensate some other weakness of a tower.

And for drowning tower, it's good as it is now, except that it needs to care about armor/armor type/blacksmith and work vs bosses. Ice Age/voodoo will always be weird with an instantkill tower, which is sad, but I think for 4.0 we can keep the tower, maybe if there's still ice age/voodoo in 5.0 there can not be an instantkill tower.

Guest kevs926

well, if you compare impulse and oblivion, they have both the same damage per second(oblivion is a little stronger). They both cover a wide area(oblivion has a little wider). For micro skills, not the same because it's obvious that impulse needs more micro.

Quick question, how do you compare impulse and oblivion?

Impulse deals damage depending on how long the missile has travelled.

point is

Oblivion deals 4000dmg/sec

Impulse deals ~2500-7500dmg/sec depending on how long it's missile travels.

and that some of Impulses missiles miss is equal to that some of Oblivions' arrows deal overkill damage due to slow attacking. I don't see a problem, and I wouldn't say Oblivion is stronger than impulse if you micro impulse correctly.

PS. Sorry for beeing a bit negative, keep the sugguestions coming :)

Guest kevs926

oblivion has 4 archers at a time, 3000 dmg each for 1.5 secs attack cooldown

that'd mean ~8000 damage per second

impulse would deal ~5000 dmg at 1500 range every .66 secs

that'd be ~7500 dmg per second

we could say tower activity is the same since impulse is idle when some creeps are not in range and oblivion would be idle while you walk the minions.

"miss hits" halves impulse tower's efficiency especially during those 1-hit @1000+ range but oblivion doesn't seem like it because you would at least micro 2 archers to avoid big overkill damage (just like microing impulse to hit the far creeps).

also, equating miss-hits to overkill damage is not really true since impulse has overkill damage too (because it's a single hit tower unlike oblivion which is distributed into 4 different units)

i noticed these things when i tried solo impulse tower on random chaos mode, it's just so hard to micro impulse compared to oblivion. And as a result, i cleared waves faster during solo oblivion rather than solo impulse.

oh, sorry for saying oblivion was 4000, memory failed me as i was thining one archer did 1500dmg

and, you're right on the other things too, spread over several minions makes the overkill less of a big deal.

Sign in to follow this