EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Issunboshi

[4.0pb] having trouble with 40+ vh/ap

Guest Issunboshi

i do pretty decently with LFNW until lvl40 where my entire build crashes in on itself. it's like everything past 40 just runs right past everything :? . I also used short mode, I hope that's not considered cheating or anything, I hate having to do the beginning parts if I'm doing the same build over and over.

btw my name is Mik so I hope that doesn't confuse anyone (in reference to the replay).

Well, some mistakes I know I made:

- I forgot to upgrade to splash before I spawned fire lord

- the lvl2 pure light tower really didn't do anything

- i don't micro my wells enough

I really don't know what else I could've done to keep from leaking. I only have the following available by the time 40 rolls around:

Lvl 2 Fire/Water/Nature/Light

Duals:

Flame

Kindle

Ice

Well

Life

Lightning

Triples:

Nova

Impulse

Cyclone

I don't think I could've slowed them anymore than I did, unless I built another cyclone. I dunno, was my second impulse just too late? meh.

issun vh ap help lvl40.w3g

watch this replay. Cisz does LFNW to near-perfection.

essentially the build goes: nova/windstorm, impulse, well/tidal. then upgrade everything starting from the well. Start with both aoe slows first.

Kindle is a tower for the early game up to wave 25-30. after that, kindle and the upgrades do insignificant damage to the creeps. the tier2 light tower doesn't contribute significantly as you already mentioned. Also, the positioning of the flame and ice towers can be improved. know the technique of placing ice/flame on the extreme top-right corner of IX and extreme bottom-right corner of III? That placement will force the ice/flame to retarget quickly, hitting more creeps in the line.

Your main problem seems to be that you don't upgrade your triples. If you manage to get them upped, you should get a lot further.

Guest Issunboshi

Thanks for watching my rep and your advice.

I think you guys are way too creative to figure out something like the flame tower placement. thanks for the replay as well.

Knowledge comes with experience and plenty of experimenting. between the few of us (myself, cisz, jolin012 and the rest of the beta leads), we probably have a few thousand games played (counting the betas).

No problems. Keep playing, read up on the strategy in the forums (and the tower placement guide and the other guides) and ask questions.

Sign in to follow this