EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dreamthief

my recommendations

Guest Dreamthief

I would like to see lvl 4 dual towers that are comparable to a pure, but just being a lvl 4 dual instead.

I would also like to see lvl 3, 3 element towers.

Also it would be cool to have some sort of penalty mode aside from race, something where like if you leak creeps, thats it, you dont get a second chance at em, someone else does.

Id like to see a mode where the number of spawns remains static, regardless of the players that die off, ie if each wave had 50 creeps in an 8 player game, and 1 person dies, then everyone would have to deal with 56 creeps... and by the time there was 4 peeps left, each would have to deal with a hundred creeps each round.... and with 2 peeps left each would be dealing with 200 a round.

I would also like to see bonus creeps. A creep that would be like fast or strong as hell and if u leaked it , it doesnt count as a loss of life, and u dont get a second chance at it, but if you do kill it, you get a bonus sum of money, or a life back or something like that.

Just some ideas..

DT

Hm.

I would like to see lvl 4 dual towers that are comparable to a pure, but just being a lvl 4 dual instead.

So basically that's the same as removing pures. We end up with all towers beeing stronger but the pures, so we could remove the pures instead. Tripples and duals are on par with single element towers. I don't like this suggestion.

Also it would be cool to have some sort of penalty mode aside from race, something where like if you leak creeps, thats it, you dont get a second chance at em, someone else does.

The "return" feature has two sides. You have to solve every wave, so you can't just ignore, say, wave 60, by leaking it out of the way. Have you played Blizzard TD? You can simply ignore some of the harder creeps there. And with return you get a second chance to win the bounty. By removing the creep returning, leaking would lose you networth. I don't like this suggestion either..

Id like to see a mode where the number of spawns remains static, regardless of the players that die off, ie if each wave had 50 creeps in an 8 player game, and 1 person dies, then everyone would have to deal with 56 creeps... and by the time there was 4 peeps left, each would have to deal with a hundred creeps each round.... and with 2 peeps left each would be dealing with 200 a round.
Hm. Why? To get more gold and to build more towers and to have more creeps on the screen at the same time? Aka making the game lag? Aka "I want to play big game hunters with unlimited minerals and all tech researched"? :) I don't understand this idea.

I would also like to see bonus creeps. A creep that would be like fast or strong as hell and if u leaked it , it doesnt count as a loss of life, and u dont get a second chance at it, but if you do kill it, you get a bonus sum of money, or a life back or something like that.

Hm. Not bad.

Guest Sancdar
Hm.

So basically that's the same as removing pures. We end up with all towers beeing stronger but the pures, so we could remove the pures instead. Tripples and duals are on par with single element towers. I don't like this suggestion.

What if the extra level towers took an essence for every element in them? The only problem is that extrapolating another level on most of the ability-based towers you'd get something completely useless. I really don't think we need more towers in the map.

Guest Dreamthief

no cisz i think you misunderstood me on that one... I didnt mean it in the sence that everyone else would be getting more money, but more like a mode kinda like Azure TD where its a joined group effort and if one person falls it makes it harder on the rest, not so much that the survivors get more money.

About lvl 4 dual towers and and lvl 3 triple towers, you would need 8 and 9 respectively fix lumber to spend on, it would reduce the gameplay flexibility. What I like from pure towers is that they only cost 3 fix lumber, giving the game enormous flexibility (you can still get pure darknes after going for a lfwe-strategy).

Lets say all people leave and you are on your own with 200 creeps, 2 options: Or you die, which ruins your game, or you kill them and are millionaire in less then 2 Waves, just building towers till you get bored. Doesn't matter how you look at it, your game would be ruined.

Additional creeps like bosses that give bonus bounty and dont take lives? Maybe a new possible gamemode. Im still not convinced of it, lets see what other players comment.

Guest mrchak

I think pure dual element towers would be kindof weird given the current towers.... It only makes sense to me for damaging towers, so it works well for the pure element towers. Why would we design a pure...Roots tower? That would just be silly. (I understand, of course, that roots is being redesigned, but you get my drift) The dual/triple element towers tend to be more varied in their use than straight damage... As it stands some of them are very not-useful to upgrade (Upgrading poison tower, for example, is something I never do- so why have 4 levels of it?)

I liked the idea at first, then I realized it had some problems. But I am really happy to see all this brainstorming. Game Modes Get!!!111

Guest Sancdar

Exactly, you end up with too many ridiculously useless towers.

Guest mrchak

And besides, its an oxymoron for a combination tower to be pure at the same time. Its self-contradicting. Pure means one and only one element, in its most pure, refined and powerful state.

Guest Ubernuber

You wouldn't _have_ to call them "pure" acid tower. So the naming aspect isn't really that important. I suggested tier 4 duals and tier 3 triples in a different topic, I'd see it as a means to balance buff/debuff towers by distributing their effects over more levels (ie, only the third tier of acid reduces armor by 15, with tier 1 and 2 reducing armor by 3 and say 9). Same goes for storm, nova, enchantment and probably some others that aren't abused quite as frequently.

So, I'm all in favor of higher tier towers. To improve the punch that pure single elements have in comparison, there could be an additional tier for them as well, effectively raising their "pure" damage by x5.

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, because pures aren't damaging enough already, right guys? The game isn't difficult enough to warrant another level of towers, and we don't want to make the game longer, so the solution then would be weakening the mid-level towers. I think that's just as bad an idea as it sounds.

Sign in to follow this