EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Akuma

Need advice for very hard and playing tips

Guest Akuma

Hi, Cisz told me to post a thread here to get advice and tips and to post a replay so you guys can tell me what I do wrong (and stuff).

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, I'm 'sparta' in the replay, the other guy is my friend.

replay.w3g

had a quick review of the game.. i only picked out some of the areas to be improved. i'm sure cisz has plenty more to add... :wink:

first up, consider memorising the standard arrow openings to avoid overbuilding and gaining less interest than you could have.

you built 2 or 3 of the basic elemental tower. generally, this is avoided in favour of upgrading to the amplified form.

since you are on random mode, all towers sell for 100%. you know what attack is strong and weak against what elemental? Avoid building towers that deal 50% damage to the wave

lvl 7 - a fire cannon deals 50% damage to water wave. in this case, you should stick to arrows instead of building the basic fire tower.

lvl 9 - an amplified fire tower is stronger than 3 basic fire towers.

lvl 13 - again, fire towers are a bad choice against a water wave. since dark was available, use dark towers.

lvl 17 - use fire towers against a nature wave. dark towers should have been rebuilt to fire.

wave 19 - darkness deal 50% to light.

wave 20 - flame tower placement. it belongs to the bottom corner of III, the short pass placement, where it retargets quickly instead of following a creep on the first pass.

in non-chaos mode, the elemental order is fixed. as such, you should always use the strong element where it is available. It is much easier to plan the elements ahead, unlike in chaos mode.

maybe this replay might help you improve

Another tip is that dark towers are long range single target and belong in the center of the map (area 5) to have maximum effect.

You should see elemental dmg as a risk, not a boost. Whenever you put money into elemental dmg, you get a weakness. So when you use fire, you need a sollution for water waves. You could sell the fire and spend the money on a different element (with another weakness) or buy basic towers if it's still early game.

Guest Akuma

About this 'standard arrow placement', I have absolutely no idea where/what that is/means, so I normally just dump my towers where I did so they'll hit as many guys as possible.

Regarding the replay, one thing I was wondering is how do you build/resell towers so fast, and on AR/SR what do you do if you don't get good elemental choices, as I was playing today and I was stuck on duals and muck all day.

The arrow opening is a way to get the waves done with very little towers and pretty good speed. It's neither the fastest way, nor the best to max interest, but it's a speedy compromise. Here is a replay featurin the arrow opening:

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6

The arrow opening relies on two arrows killing the same creep with one volley, so it does not work if you don't have the needed elements (wave 7 in this replay) or the creeps get too strong (wave 14 and up if you don't have the strong element).

- - - Edit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Muck is a good tower in many cases on random. It has splash, is strong vs water, has aoe slow. When light shows up and it's weak, you can sell it (on random that is) and switch to mass amped earth or hydros.

how to build so fast?

this comes with speed. you need some idea of what towers you want for that wave.

another technique is learn the hotkeys for all towers. for arrows, it's 'b' 'a' and click. so basically it goes 'b''a'(mouse click), 'b''a'(mouse click) until you get the number you need or another way is shift click where after 'b''a', hold down the shift key and click the number of towers required, then double click any of the towers just built and press 'u' to upgrade.

less than ideal elements is something that will happen in random. that's one of the challenges of playing random... knowing what to build comes with experience and a through knowledge of the towers (as well as being a member of the dev team and one of the few lead beta testers).

Sign in to follow this