EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

4.0 Public Beta - The new game modes.

This is just a first draft, please help me by correcting this and by adding more info.

There are some changes to the map and one of the great mysteries are the new and/or changed game modes.

We all know samerandom and allrandom, but whats tournament random?

Tournament Random New

That's a 4 element only samerandom. The 4 elements in question are voted upon with your worker. Once a game of tournament random starts, your worker has items in his inventory, and with those you can select 4 elements that you want to have in your match. The other players may disagree. ;) And after the vote the game is a samerandon with only 4 elements and interest picks, and you don't get to know which elements are the four until they all have been summoned.

Short Mode New

This basically removes the first 15 waves. You get 1000 gold and the game starts at wave 16 with 3 lumber. If you play random, those will be automatically summoned, or you can use the summoning center as usual, with one mayor difference: All level one elemental that you summon before the first wave starts are killed automatically. If you chose to summon something a bit more high levellish, say, water 2, you have to catch that the old fashioned way, so carefull with that. It's a nice way to a shorter game.

Competitive Mode New

In this mode you get an extra building at the center of the map (the center of the entire map, not just your section). It slowly gains mana and can be used to cast nasty spells upon your oponents. Note that the map is hidden to the players in this mode, so to properly target your foes you have to use a revealing spell first.

Chaos Mode Changed

This is so awesome. :) It's nothing like the old chaos, this is basically an entirely randomized wave order. The following rules aply: The first five waves, wave 60 and the ronald wave are as usual. All HP values are changed, so the wave 6 allways has the same health, no matter if that comes out as shredders or priests. You can get anything from 4 nature in a row, mass undead, dark creeps when all you have is water, or non elemental till you weep. All players get the same order. Goes great with samerandom.

Extreme Mode Changed

The new extreme mode is all about speed. The health and armour of the creeps are unchanged, but they move faster. Very fast. And the delay between waves is gone, zero seconds delay have to do. O_o

So - what did I miss here? Any mistakes? Additions?

You can get anything from 4 nature in arow

Instead of having arow use a row.

(Hope I ain't misstaken myself or else I'm -> :oops: )

Any how Gj. Now I know the tournament random. But I think it needs to be a bit shaped.

At first I had no idea I had items in inventory. And nobody else either.

Yea, this is off the topic, but i agree with 13est that vote shall not be inventory, even though ppl are supposed to read the mode instructions; There shall be same boxes for voting elements as for voting modes.

Guest Timberwolf

I've never once seen a game hosted with tournament random yet. Too bad, it sounds interesting.

The new chaos mode is 1000 times better than the old one which was pretty pointless.

Sign in to follow this