EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Potential Tower Abilities

This will be a list of potential abilities that I am considering putting into the game. Please discuss what you like, want, and don't like.

Meteorite: Tower hits a random spot within the tower AoE (some radius). Doesn't directly target mobs. High damage, medium AoE damage. High risk, high reward tower because you are not guaranteed a direct hit on creeps. *Approved*

Impetus: Gives strength to attacks, causing them to deal greater damage the further away the target is. *Approved*

Possession: Brainwashes a creep, forcing it to move towards spawn instead. *Approved*

Stackable Release: Tower has some ability that is pretty good. Every X attacks the ability becomes available for use (so you charge it up). Another version, is that every attack actually "charges up," the ability and so it gets better every attack until you choose to use it. For the ability, my initial idea would be something like an Ion Cannon. This could go on the "Laser Tower," and so it is an AoE instant damage spell. *Approved*

Reflection: Towers can link into each other, getting damage bonus and combining their attack into one. *Approved*

Time Warp: X second after this tower attacks a creep, that creep will be teleported back to where it was when it got attacked. X% chance of firing. *Approved*

Frostbite: Freezes a unit for X seconds. If that unit is attacked while frozen, it receives double damage and is unfrozen. *Approved*

Teleport: Blink but for structures. *Approved*

Illusion: Creates an image of a tower, which does X% of the original unit's damage. *Approved*

Rupture: When casted on creep, will speed it up. Creep will take damage based on how fast it is moving. *Approved*

Rot: A passive AoE slow and damage over time ability. *Approved*

Hand of Life: A tower that deals more damage if the current hp% is stronger. *Approved*

Greed: A tower that gives gold to the player per attack, based on how much damage it does. *Approved*

Mortar: Long range AoE tower with minimum attack range. *Approved*

Soul Reaper: Tower that gives one life for each undead kill. *Approved*

Rage: Tower gains attack speed for every attack, after X seconds of not attacking it loses this bonus. *Approved*

Chain Lightning: Casts chain lightning that increases in damage every bounce (as opposed to decrease), after a few bounces it starts selecting random creeps to bounce to.

Alright, to make things easier I have unlocked the thread. Feel free to discuss anything about this list here. *Note: Abilities with *Approved* by them have already been, or are being coded.

Guest mrchak
Illusion: Creates an image of a tower, which does X% of the original unit's damage. *Approved*

Illusion seems very problematic. Can you mass illusion towers to create tons of Pure clones? even if they do 10% of the damage of the pure, its a HUGE value for the cost of even a triple tower. How exactly are these meant to work?

Guest MasterTenor

@mrchak: Set a timer on the skill, and make the "clone" towers die off after a set amount of time, much like a summoning tower.

Guest mrchak

Still, I think it will be imbalanced.

Can it clone itself?

Does the clone get special abilities?

The way I can see it working is that the ability costs a certain amount of mana, depending on the HP of the tower you're trying to clone. So you could clone dual towers like crazy, or one Refined Element tower.

Also, I think you should be able to clone other players' towers. That would be sweet.

Guest MasterTenor

Cloning others would rock -- especially if you're not in same-random mode! You could get access towers you wouldn't otherwise have...sweet.

Guest left.side

For the "stackable release" tower why not just jack Nevermore's skill set?

Necromastery

Whenever the Shadow Fiend kills a target, he stores the unfortunate soul inside of him. For each stored soul he gains 2 bonus damage until his own death releases half of them from bondage.

Requiem of Souls

Summons evil spirits around you dealing damage to units in the area. Number of spirits is related to the number of souls stored and the movement/damage reduction is related to the distance from the Shadow Fiend. Lowers movement speed and damage of nearby units. The closer the units are the greater the effect.

Guest Sancdar

Hey for hero mode, we should just import all the DotA heroes.

Guest left.side

That's what I'm saying. I know there was a Maledict-esque tower suggested somewhere, I'm pretty sure I saw something about Rupture, etc. If you're going to steal the basic premise, you might as well call it what it is.

Sign in to follow this