EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest markone

Slow Towers in 4.0

Guest markone

Hi, i'm old fan of eleTD, i played eleTD 4.0 recently, really nice job seams that all overpowered tactics are down-powered. Really nice new towers gr8 job. But i have question :)

Why there isnt any good slow tower like in old time? at least AoE slow no need for stuns/entangling and similar stuffs... cause those would overpower... but some slow must be in game. right ?

:?::wink:

Guest Kaman

Wind tower is the best slowing tower as well as iceage tower, but it summons a tornado for like 30 seconds that you have to control to move with the creeps. I think the idea was that there were so many different slowing towers (nova, muck, roots, ice, sludge) that eventually they would all stack up and slow them tremendously. But almost everything does 15% and is barely noticeable by itself. They should up it to 25.

Guest AlienFromBeyond
Wind tower is the best slowing tower as well as iceage tower, but it summons a tornado for like 30 seconds that you have to control to move with the creeps. I think the idea was that there were so many different slowing towers (nova, muck, roots, ice, sludge) that eventually they would all stack up and slow them tremendously. But almost everything does 15% and is barely noticeable by itself. They should up it to 25.

It's intentional. If you want to slow guys a lot you need to invest in towers to do just that.

Guest markone
It's intentional. If you want to slow guys a lot you need to invest in towers to do just that.

can i get some suggestions ? or replay :)

so any we should just mass slow towers...?

btw i saw tornado, but it doesnt slow much... + its own movement is bad

Actually 4.0 Pb has more slow then 3.0. There are now 4 triples with aoe slow.

The point is that now you need to get 2 different lvl2 triples to slow optimum, lvl1 triple aoe slowers (roots, sludge, windstorm, nova) have been nerfed to make it a bit harder to get a build mainly based on slow. Specially now that we have 4 slowers, if we buff the lvl1 triple slowpower almost all builds would become slow-based, harming the diversity of the game. That's all. Get lvl2 triples.

Btw, the new ice age is a damage amplifier, not a slower.

And massing is a waste of money, post smart your slowers. Nova in example works excellent at Numpad Loc 5, if you get windstorm as well, post it on 6 and try to upgrade any of these, you should be fine then.

Roots and sludge are meant to work on the same spot like damage amplifiers, post them just before the creeps enter your main damage area, close to corners are good spots.

Guest Sancdar

4.0 has less slow than 3.0, it's just spread out differently.

Roots is most effective when doubled up on 4 and 6, partly due to the targeting AI on wave-based abilities.

Windstorm is like 3.0 Storm but with much less damage output and slowing power.

Nova is like 3.0 Nova but with much less damage output and slowing power.

Sludge is like 3.0 Ice2.

4.0 has less slow than 3.0, it's just spread out differently.

Roots is most effective when doubled up on 4 and 6, partly due to the targeting AI on wave-based abilities.

Windstorm is like 3.0 Storm but with much less damage output and slowing power.

Nova is like 3.0 Nova but with much less damage output and slowing power.

Sludge is like 3.0 Ice2.

The damage output for both Nova and Storm (Windstorm) has actually increased. For instance, Nova used to do 1000 spell damage every 5 seconds, but now it does 750 physical damage every 1.5 seconds.

Guest markone

I know that there are slow towers, but still none of them doesnt have big slow power... they have more dmg then before that's true. infact seams to me that all towers have kinda bigger damage at cost no slow and fact that all good abilities are moved to deeper combos...

Guest markone

ok thx, i will watch it for sure

btw. i also dont like life tower strategies

Guest Sancdar
The damage output for both Nova and Storm (Windstorm) has actually increased. For instance, Nova used to do 1000 spell damage every 5 seconds, but now it does 750 physical damage every 1.5 seconds.

I guess Nova is roughly the same then, depending on the difficulty level.

Guest inDe_eD

Nova, Roots, Muck, Tornado. Those are pretty much the only AoE slows that I found worthwhile. Tornado is of course the best because it's moveable, and roots shoots in a long line so it gets alot of creeps slowed...

What if I tell you that nova slows even shielded creeps?

Would still be storm the best aoe slow?

Guest inDe_eD
What if I tell you that nova slows even shielded creeps?

Would still be storm the best aoe slow?

Storm moves, I stand by my statement. If the shielded creep is moving the tornado will be moving too

Whatever, if u place nova correctly yeah i guess it's cool it slows barriers but not enough. In 4.0 you really need 60% slow to see a noticeable speed drop in the creeps

Guest Sancdar

Nova slows shielded mechs now? Before it didn't and Windstorm did.

Sign in to follow this