EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

[Beta 9] Oblivion tower, still abuseable

Even though mana was added to the tower,it's not enough, it's now even more abuseable. Can't be timed so that it emidiatley summons, but with the availability to oblivion towers at different timing, i can do the upgrade, calcle upgrade for high quality minions, on one tower at a time, so that all get's maxed minions, only having money for 1. so, to fix it, it must be made so that it's no longer possible to summon a highlevel unit during the upgrade to oblivion tier 2, and then sell it, still this mana system can be used, just remember to add the no units(at least not highlevel) spawned during upgrade.

additional notes:

Trickery with oblivion: The trickery tower that copies a oblivion tower begins with 13 mana, which means one units spawned.. good.

Oblivion->Oblivion tier 2: the oblivion tier 2 will begin with 0 mana, nomatter what the oblivions mana was... don't know if this is good... it's good that it begins on an amount that is not depending on tier1... but 0 isn't good! isn't that a bit low? oblivion tower tier1 has 7 mana when it's built.

Guest Sancdar

Wait, they still summon while being upgraded? I thought we discussed in chat that summons should be an autocast that actually takes mana to prevent this, rather than trigger based on mana amount.

I think we discussed two problems, this solution solved one of them, that was that the tower was based on gamplay time so that it could summon emidiatly (built with time precision, equal to building it beginning with 14 mana.)

The other problem was that I can press to begin upgrading(from ob tier1 to ob tier2) a second before the summon, and during the upgrade, after the summon, cancle the upgrade. To have tier2 army, but interest as if it was tier1 towers (if i build the tower so that it doesn't summon on interest timer=0)

(it is even more abuseable also, as i can have maybe 3 oblivion towers, having money to upgrade one, but i have built them at 3 different times (maybe timer=10, timer=7 and timer=4) and upgrade->cancle one, upgrade->calcle 2nd, upgrade->cancle 3rd, wait for interest, then do it again, having army for 3 tier2 oblivion, with networth for 2tier1 and 1tier2, and gain interest for 3tier1)

Anyway, they are also bugged in another way, they can lose one mana or gain one, or maybe it is the summoning itself that can bug and take +/- one sec? how i noticed it, was that i built 2 synched oblivions(they sommoned both at the same time, but after a while one always summoned 1 sec before the other, and after a while 2 sec(2 mana difference). http://rapidshare.com/files/84014584/temporary.w3g.html

3min long replay.

and one time(not in that replay a tower even spawned it's first unit emidiately after it was built(oblivion, not tier2)(not in this replay)

Guest Sancdar

Well, I remember discussing that, I just thought the implemented solution was to make summoning an autocast spell so that the tower needed mana and to actually be built before it could summon. I still think that would solve any/all problems you're talking about.

Well, one thing is for certain, if the minions are summoned at the same time then you get the interest it is impossible to abuse the tower.

Guest Sancdar

Well, you could still have limited abuse, having upgraded minions out at the same time as you spend that gold for a different tower. You wouldn't be making interest, but you'd still have more damage out than you should.

If you would have to sacrifice damage micro to get interest micro and inverse way, it sounds to me like a fair change, besides I do not feel that oblivion is a tower that gets overpowered just because you damage micro. Correct me if I am wrong.

Guest Sancdar

I'm not saying it's a horrible thing, I just think that where a simpler system would fix the problem it's better to go with that. I expect the desync in mana in simultaneous Oblivion towers is because of the way the skill is triggered right now.

yes, and if minionspawn is synched with interest, the tower would be unfair. i was gonna sugguest it too, but when i thought more about it, I don't want a tower that can't gain interest by simply selling/rebuilding it at interest timer on random(every other tower can do this, atleast between waves.)

Sign in to follow this