EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

[Beta 7] Armor Tables

Guest Sancdar

The adjustment to armor point worth has drastically increased the difficulty/slowed down the early game on VH (slower could mean easier for later on if it's an all-VH game) because the standard arrow requirements don't quite kill the creeps anymore. I think this is a bad thing, because the early game is the least interesting part of EleTD, since you don't have that many options.

Edit: I'm not totally convinced this is bad, and it might be good to make VH that much harder.

Guest GkJ-mo

ive noticed this as well that asuper arrow tower doesnt oneshot lvl 2 creeps anymore, which i wouldnt consider a good thing :)

Guest Sancdar

After a couple tries, I think that it's an okay change. In mixed difficulty games, VH will already be screwed from the full gold on the other modes I think - this won't change things too much for them. However, it will stop a VH player from effectively rushing a low-skilled player on another difficulty. It allows fast play, but at the cost of pretty much all your interest micro. You have to drop back like 5 seconds a wave if you want all the gold you would have had previously.

Interesting analysis Sancdar, this sounds like a positive change overall. The multiplier was changed from 0.05 to 0.06, now the question is should we take it to 0.07?

In pick mode you can't really use another tower then cannon or arrow in the early games. The ordinary (Ex.) Fire towers are really a vaste of money and 'fire'power.

Guest Sancdar

Eh, it's still possible to switch to a dual in levels 11-14, it's just that if you have any micro at all you're better off keeping with arrows/cannons until around level 20.

The composite armor reduction change made a big difference though, because those knights hit you hard if you have a weak dual set up.

Interesting analysis Sancdar, this sounds like a positive change overall. The multiplier was changed from 0.05 to 0.06, now the question is should we take it to 0.07?

Heh, I already was wondering during 2 games why i was leaking all the time because I slightly underbuilded repeatedly. Well, I know for certain that now I have less money for endgame, so I think it compensates a bit the advantage of lower difficulties in terms of money management. I don't even want to think how much harder VH is now after this change. :wink:

Nvm, need more testing to say more. Kara, would it be possible for you to release a second beta 7 just with the multiplier changed to 0.07 to compare?

Sign in to follow this