EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

Activision & Blizzard fusing together

How is the fusion of activision and Blizzard going to affect Blizzards future releases?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This morning I was reading my newspapers and on the technology section I found an interesting topic:

ACTIVISION and BLIZZARD are fusing together to create the maybe haviest weight in the videogame-industry worth 18.800 million $ (USD) (13.000 million €).

The CEO of the new giant Activision-Blizzard will be Bobby Kotick, who was CEO of activision till date.

The main shareholder of the new company will be Vivendi Games (main shareholder and partner of Blizzard).

Two compensating companies put together: While Blizzard leads on succesful games on PC platform and owns great influence in asia thanks to their online gaming concept, activision is owner of many of the newest releases for Xbox, P3 and Wii.

Now it's your turn, how do you think this is going to affect future releases of Blizzard? Poll & Comment.

I love Blizzard as it is. I don't think it's a god idea :cry:

Are they going to change the name or will it still be Blizzard?

Guest Sancdar

Blizzard will still release games under the Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. brand. Activision will be renamed Activision Blizzard and probably work on their own stuff still. Why break something that makes tons of money? Vivendi isn't stupid.

http://blizzard.com/press/activision-faq.shtml

Guest Timberwolf

Really pretty common stuff in business terms. It sounds like mostly a business merger, which may effect how games are distributed and a lot of the backroom stuff that you or I have no real reason to care about. But I doubt this has much, if any impact on actual game production per se. Which is good, because Blizzard outclasses Activision pretty easily in that regard.

Smooth sailing.

Sign in to follow this