EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

[Beta 5] Death Tower

Guest Sancdar

Does anyone else feel that this is kind of a weak tower? Even with good placement I find I have to micro it a little bit, and it's still not much more effective than the other duals that don't have its limitation. Anyone know how to use it well enough that a different tower couldn't do the job better?

Guest 1mpulse

best way i could think of, was having it hit a creep only once (by the time it knocks to red hp and then is - useless) then have like arrows or something to just finish off.

i think that the damage of death shouldnt be able to be less than its bass damage..im not sure how the formula for the tower works, im assuming (%hp times damage of tower). think it should rather have a lower base damage, and have the equation (tower damage + ((percent of hp)(tower damage))) so that if it hits a creep with red hp its damage isnt totally redundant.

Maybe the other way around? Has lesser damage, but deals half damage if the unit has full hp.

1. Deals full damage if the target has no hp :P . In that case it might not be unbalaced but you can never have a full damage hit.

2. Deals full damage if the target has half hp or less.

Maybe the other way around? Has lesser damage, but deals half damage if the unit has full hp.

1. Deals full damage if the target has no hp :P . In that case it might not be unbalaced but you can never have a full damage hit.

2. Deals full damage if the target has half hp or less.

It would be easy to switch it. How do you guys feel about it doing more damage if the creep has a lower % of HP left.

Guest 1mpulse

it must be the exact opposite of how it is now, or else its gonna be useless on full life creeps.

should be a min damage set before the hp affects damage

I've just tried on normal difficulty to see how far i can get with 1 death tower, 1 rage tower and 1 amplified dark and got to wave 26 without leaking.

I think we should make death tower take into consideration the difficulty (so that it applies starting hp instead of max hp) and increase the damage by 10%, i think that would be enough.

I wouldnt change anything else, it is a tower supossed to be used before you splash damage the mobs, and it should stay this way, the real problem is that neighter darkness nor nature singles nor the correspondend duals have a good splash, you need definately a 3rd element like earth to splash.

Guest Sancdar

I like the idea as it is, but I agree with Orb3r's suggestions. First off, changing max health rather than starting health for lower difficulties is something that already needs to be done. As it is, the Death tower is much worse on lower levels because HP drops off faster than armor. Also, without this change healing levels continue to be proportionately harder for lower difficulties.

Additionally, I think the tower needs some guaranteed damage or something - I think that maybe 10% of its current damage always applies, and then add on the current ability on top of that. It's a little bit awkward to work with because the tower is fairly strong if you can change targets every shot so we can't make it too much better, but even then I don't think it's as good as some of the other duals.

The problem is that making the max health change instead of current health is a mountain of work.

In order to create the new chaos mode, I had to make the max hp of creeps level dependent, instead of dependent on the creep itself. In order to do that, I created an array of hp bonus abilities (since trying to change the level of this particular ability via trigger bugs, go stupid war3 bugs) and then gave creeps the ability in the array corresponding to that level when they spawn. After that, the game sets their hp to % based on difficulty.

In order to fix this problem, I would need to create another 240 abilities and manually enter the values for each one. Then I would have to modify the trigger to apply the appropriate one. Not only will it take a long time, it will bloat the map.

However, perhaps there is a completely different way of doing this. I'll ask emjlr3.

we should not make it more complicated as it is, multiply the damage of the death tower by inversal handicap, thats all.

damage = base damage x (1 / 0.65) for very easy (handicap 65%)

damage = base damage x (1/ 1.00) for very hard (handicap 100%)

no one said that we should fix the max health issue depending on difficuly, i think we can live with the idea that creeps start in easier difficulties being half-dead (for now :D ).

Guest Sancdar
no one said that we should fix the max health issue depending on difficuly, i think we can live with the idea that creeps start in easier difficulties being half-dead (for now :D ).

Well, I have, numerous times. I think it's ridiculous that healing waves get stronger and stronger compared to the other waves as you go down the difficulties. If it isn't possible to fix it, Orb3r's change would be great.

As for the death tower. It almost kills a unit in 1 shoots. but after that shoots it will almost not deal any damage, so increasing the damage is not a god idea.

Lower the damage maybe lower the range, and change the vaules it deals.

Hp of unit * 1. (50%or less=1 100%=0.5) thats the consept and a new info text could be, The closer the unit is to death the more will the tower deal. (or something)

Sign in to follow this