EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

New game modes: New race mode (and others)

I've been playing too much mpdtd - time to steal what they have invented, so eletd gets even better. :)

In mpdtd players win points for finishing a wave first, so this is a new winning condition: Having won the most waves.

Effectively this is some sort of racemode, but w/o the lifeloss. You stay in game till the end (if you can handle the speed that is..) but don't win it.

Im mpdtd the players also loose points for loosing lifes, so that might be another winning condidion: Having the fewest leaks.

These can be combined like +1 custom score for each wave, -1 for each leak. Or that values can be adjusted to maybe +3/-1 or or +2/-5 whatever the playtesting indicates (mpdtd has +20/-25, but different creep and wave numbers).

This might be a better race mode and might lead to faster games which might lead to a better tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Yes I think it would be, the race mode we have now more or les sucks.

It affects other players to much -1 life if another players finnishes first.

and it's 60 waves and 50 lives.

Guest 1mpulse

so if someone wins consecutively you only have to play half the game

@impulse - good point. The first player to win 26 waves could finish the game early in case that won waves are the only winning condition.

But what about that: A player finishes 20 waves and dies. Has he won? Can he still win? Can he still win if he leaves the game? I would coun't that a second required condition, beeing alife. But still the game could end early after 26 wins for one player, even if it is uncertain if he will survive, that's up to the maker of the map/mode to decide.

Guest 1mpulse

yeah but if he has won 26 waves in a row, all other players cross their fingers and hopes he dies?

yeah but if someone wins 26 waves in a row i guess he deserves to be the winner =/ battle for second ftw.

up to the players.

i was thinking of maybe

-different scoring for undead and mechanical round

-maybe handicapping the round winner, or boosting the slowest player a bit.

this would be a mode that would be picked at start (just to confirm)? or something that would appear in the endgame scoreboard...

if someone wins 26 waves in row, flash victory and give everyone the option to continue/endgame? this would depend on what the players(host) want. to see who can complete the waves as fast as possible or just completing the game. although i prefer all play to end. winning the early waves doesn't really show as much skill as compared to completing the game. someone could possibily play fast for 26 waves with a build that may not be able to last the whole game and end the game if that is the only condition (i'm not sure about this, maybe through careful matching of damage types, instant kill towers, etc), although i don't deny that fact that it does take some skill and effort to win all 26 consecutive waves. Most of the difficulty comes after >40. one can complete the game with only elemental arrows and cannons up to 40.

then what about mixed diff games where ve has a shorter creep wave?

This would be chosen and loudly announced at the start of the game, just as any other mode.

To win 26 waves in a field of, say, 4 players, will take much longer than 26 waves, if the other players are at least a bit skilled, compared to the leading player.

And a build that will win you the first waves easy, but failes later (assuming you are not on sr chaos.. :) ) can be copied by the other players, so all of a sudden it's wave 40, with 5 won waves each and doom starts to creep in. Unless ofc, the best player has a huge skill advantage..

Guest 1mpulse

and the varied difficulty levels??

or will this only be host decided

"This"? This varied difficulty levels or this racemode? :?

Both could be voted or host decided. Or do you see any problems with that?

Guest 1mpulse

by this i mean, the difficulty levels.

if voted, the player who plays very easy is going to own a player playing very hard. everyone should play the same difficulty. so maybe everyone votes for a difficulty and if there is enough votes for race it takes the diffictulty average.

Guest AEK

I beleive this is a great idea, this along with competetive mode would go a long way in making multiplayer eleTD "more fun" for people wanting to actually v.s each other, not jus play and talk, or play and steal strats :P

Sign in to follow this