EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

[beta 4] Bugs and Responses

Guest mrchak

Floating http://www.eletd.com is not centered

Did earth armor priority ever get fixed (switch Fortified with Divine armor types so earth armor is based off divine instead of fortified)

If the periodic tower can't change attack types, why have it in the first place? That was the whole point of the tower.

Mech & Undead: There's no real strategy against these types, they're just harder. For healing, you want to kill them fast and don't give them time to heal, for fast you want to slow them down, but undead and mech there's no real strategy impact.

Well tower projectile is too big and noisy. Drowning tower projectile is too little - switch them.

Lava runners should be FAST because they're RUNNERS.

Demon hunters should NOT be undead, because he's not undead.

Does the impulse tower get affected by "Fire-Up?" It should. All attack towers should.

Solar tower looks stupid.

Beef golem - dumb name. Should be called Flesh golem, hotkeys be damned.

Arrow towers seem to have a homing projectile, and it looks really strange.

Well tower can't target self - is this intentional?

10% move speed reduction from ice, flame etc seems a little weak, even for a lv1 dual, comparing it to the effect of support towers like Well tower which is a 25% bonus.

The Trickery Tower is problematic when it clones sometimes, if the map is crowded, it can shove it on the edge of a cliff and it looks weird. Sometime it puts many in the exact same spot. It would be fixed if the trickery tower BECOMES the cloned tower, and the ability is "MIMIC" instead of "CONJURE". This has already been suggested by someone, and its the best idea. Thats what I thought the tower would do when I first heard of the ability.

Guest 1mpulse

well towers and blacksmith cant target themselves, and they cant target oblivion tower summons either. from watching ciszs replay and reading the chat, i think it was intentional.

i 100% agree on the well tower attack animations

For me trickery towers should be reworked totally (have it another skill)

Maybe a Ying and Yang tower, Could be the former rainbow tower.

or first Light then Dark then Light if its somehow possible.

Mech & Undead: There's no real strategy against these types, they're just harder. For healing, you want to kill them fast and don't give them time to heal, for fast you want to slow them down, but undead and mech there's no real strategy impact.

Machs counter is micro. Target the unshielded units. And placement. Place the towers in a way that gets one unshielded pass out of two, or that has some long pass in it, like at 3.

10% move speed reduction from ice, flame etc seems a little weak, even for a lv1 dual, comparing it to the effect of support towers like Well tower which is a 25% bonus.

Well tower is meant to be one of the three strongest towers on the map. So for the whole element shakeup to work at all, this is exactly as planned.

The Trickery Tower is problematic when it clones sometimes, if the map is crowded, it can shove it on the edge of a cliff and it looks weird. Sometime it puts many in the exact same spot. It would be fixed if the trickery tower BECOMES the cloned tower, and the ability is "MIMIC" instead of "CONJURE". This has already been suggested by someone, and its the best idea. Thats what I thought the tower would do when I first heard of the ability.

How do you scale that with higher levels of the tower? Remember, this is one of the three strongest towers. Level three should be like waterfall. Afaik having the copied version beeing stronger than the original is not an option, as this would require a ton of extra towers (3 extra towers for each in the game, one for each level of mimic). And wouldn't making a stronger copy be pretty much like inner fire? Also, if the tower changes into another one, why not build the copied tower instead of the mimic tower? You loose the mimicing tower during the process, so the result has to be really worth it.

Guest Sancdar

One way to handle that would be simply to have a damage bonus (negative on level 1 of the tower) applied - this would make level 1 trickery very useful for supporting towers, and level 3 useful for damage towers. The middle level would be good if you wanted to quickly switch what tower you're using. This could be accomplished by giving the towers an inventory which is generally unused, but providing a trickery tower a damage-modifying item upon morph as well as an item that reverts it (with a cooldown on this power) to a trickery tower upon use.

Sign in to follow this