EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

[Beta 3] 0rb3r's Report

I've just made a balancing test of all dual towers soloing on different locations, here's a list about how far you can go with each without leaking (or nearby).

Tower            Soloing on 5          Soloing on 9          Soloing on 4          Level 2 on best placement          Level 3 on best placement          Comments
Electricity       wave 17, 18 2L      wave 19, 20 7L      wave 18, 19 4L      wave 29, 30 13L                        wave 40, 41 5L                   You can get mad amounts of cash soloing electricity. Too long range.
Ice                Not possible           wave 5, 6 2L         Not possible           wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6               Slow test needed, tower cant solo.
Trickery         Not possible           wave 5, 6 7L         Not possible           wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6               Weak tower for soloing, should be ok.
Quantum        wave 4, 6 2L(no tlp)wave 4, 5 2L(no tlp)wave 10, 11 23L(no tlp)wave 19 (wave 26 with tlp)wave 31 (wave 37 with tlp)   Nice tower but please a bit more teleport spell range!
Life               Not possible           Not possible           Not possible            wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6               Undead units give lives?
Gunpowder     wave 15, 16 4L     wave 15, 16 6L       wave 13, 14 6L       wave 27, placmnt 5                   wave 39,placmnt 5                Long range, good damage, excellent speed. Still any wishes?
Death             wave 8, 9 14L      Not possible            wave 8, 9 9L          wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6                Weak for soloing. Skill still needs to be tested on build.
Magic ---
Poison            wave 15, 16 17L   wave 17, 18 15L     wave 17, 18 9L       wave 29, 30 6L                         wave 40, 41 2L                     Poison is some kind of imba, it needs more cooldown, on manual use I made it to wave 43 soloing tier 3!.
Rage              wave 8, 9 15L(mnl)wave 8, 9 6L(mnl) wave 8, 9 17L(mnl) wave 8, placmnt 9                    wave 8, placmnt 9                  This tower definately needs autocast, well posted it shortens the wave down to 5 creeps. Pretty OK imo.
Blacksmith      Not possible         Not possible           Not possible            wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6                  Weak for soloing. Skill still needs to be tested on build.
Hydro             Not possible         wave 8, 9 6L          wave 8, 9 5L            wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6                  A bit luck dependent, but a real funny tower. Earth damage? Do you see earth anywhere :-)
Flame             Not possible         Not possible           Not possible             wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6                  One of the slowest duals. Needs to be checked in build.
Well               Not possible          Not possible          Not possible             wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6                   This is the slowest one, barely even able to hit all creeps on best location. Skill test needed.
Kindle ---

The list has been made on VH and all normal.

So basically the towers suitable to farm interest and have a good damage output are Electricity (F+L), Quantum (L+E), Gunpowder (D+E) and Poison (D+N). I think that poison tower needs to be nerfed a bit, maybe increasing the corruption skill cooldown by 0.1 secs or slowing the speed of the spell.

More in general:

Is it correct that undead units give now lives via Life tower?

I think that the fast waves aren't much faster than the normal ones.

The undead waves are still too hard, healing waves are a joke against them. Is it possible to have each undead only revive in about a 50% of the cases? I also got the impression that some of the undead units revive again when they are leaked and make their second course through the maze.

Yup. Undead needs to be nerfed somehow.

But I don't understand your list, sorry it's so much togheter and small fonts.

i think you should consider splitting into 2 tables. the column headings and text spill over to 2nd line, the text don't line up with the column headings, making it difficult to follow.

In order to find out how to use the new towers in a build, I tested every dual tower in key possitions (Numpad 5, 9, 4) in order to find out how far you can go with each without leaking in VH. Having 1 single tower as long as possible, you to pharm interest and have enough money to finish the last 10 waves of the game, it also helps to planify the builds.

Tower                Soloing on 5              Soloing on 9              Soloing on 4 
Electricity           wave 17, 18 2L           wave 19, 20 7L          wave 18, 19 4L      
Ice                     Not possible               wave 5, 6 2L              Not possible          
Trickery              Not possible               wave 5, 6 7L              Not possible          
Quantum             wave 4, 6 2L(no tlp)   wave 4, 5 2L(no tlp)    wave 10, 11 23L(no tlp)
Life                    Not possible                Not possible               Not possible            
Gunpowder         wave 15, 16 4L           wave 15, 16 6L           wave 13, 14 6L      
Death                 wave 8, 9 14L             Not possible               wave 8, 9 9L          
Magic ---
Poison                wave 15, 16 17L         wave 17, 18 15L         wave 17, 18 9L      
Rage                  wave 8, 9 15L(mnl)     wave 8, 9 6L(mnl)      wave 8, 9 17L(mnl)
Blacksmith          Not possible               Not possible               Not possible            
Hydro                 Not possible               wave 8, 9 6L              wave 8, 9 5L            
Flame                 Not possible               Not possible               Not possible            
Well                   Not possible                Not possible              Not possible            
Kindle ---

Wave 8, 9 6L --> means that I first leaked on lvl 9 and that I leaked 6 creeps.

Not possible --> the tower is not able to hit and kill all creeps, so it is probably a support tower with little damage output.

No tlp --> I didn't make use of the teleport skill of the tower

Mnl --> I controlled manually skill and target of the tower

The same applies for amplified duals on tier 2 and tier 3, here is how far you can get with each tower on his best location.

Tower            Level 2 on best placement          Level 3 on best placement          Comments 
Electricity                wave 29, 30 13L                        wave 40, 41 5L                   You can get mad amounts of cash soloing electricity. Too long range.
Ice                         wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6               Slow test needed, tower cant solo.
Trickery                  wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6              Weak tower for soloing, should be ok.
Quantum                 wave 19 (wave 26 with tlp)        wave 31 (wave 37 with tlp)     Nice tower but please a bit more teleport spell range!
Life                         wave 8, placmnt 6                     wave 8, placmnt 6               Undead units give lives?
Gunpowder              wave 27, placmnt 5                   wave 39,placmnt 5               Long range, good damage, excellent speed. Still any wishes?
Death                      wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6               Weak for soloing. Skill still needs to be tested on build.
Magic ---
Poison                     wave 29, 30 6L                         wave 40, 41 2L                 Poison is some kind of imba, it needs more cooldown, on manual use I made it to wave 43 soloing tier 3!.
Rage                       wave 8, placmnt 9                    wave 8, placmnt 9               This tower definately needs autocast, well posted it shortens the wave down to 5 creeps. Pretty OK imo.
Blacksmith               wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6               Weak for soloing. Skill still needs to be tested on build.
Hydro                     wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6               A bit luck dependent, but a real funny tower. Earth damage? Do you see earth anywhere :-)
Flame                     wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6               One of the slowest duals. Needs to be checked in build.
Well                       wave 8, placmnt 6                    wave 8, placmnt 6               This is the slowest one, barely even able to hit all creeps on best location. Skill test needed.
Kindle ---

placemnt ---> Numpad area where the tower shows its best damade output. (placement for poison tower was position 4, Electricity was on 9, but both will also work pretty well on other locations).

Sign in to follow this