EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Tweaks

Here are some proposed tower tweaks. Feel free to suggest additions or subtractions. Please explain your reasoning as well.

Sun Tower

-Physical damage shockwave, damage increased so that it does not change in damage on VH difficulty.

Flamethrower Tower

-Add some special effect to attack. Perhaps something like heats up ground where it attacks and after enough time explodes or something. I like the idea behind the tower but rapid-fire splash is too dull (fire anyone) in my opinion.

Enchantment Tower

-Inner Fire should be kept. I'm not so sold on Faerie Fire though. Additionally, this tower could probably use one more ability to spice it up.

Summoning Tower

-Drakes should perhaps have some sort of AI to make it easier for players to control. Also, they should have some abilities on them. Example: Suicide Dive - Drake dives down and explodes into ground. Does some damage and some special effect.

Flesh Golem Tower

-Tweaking the way that "XP," is handled. Currently, it is only for organic units, and is based on units dying in 750 range of tower. Additionally, it is split among all Flesh Golem towers. I like the idea, not the implementation.

Sun Tower

-Physical damage shockwave, damage increased so that it does not change in damage on VH difficulty.

I think it needs a bit more puch to it. A little more range, as that doesn't screw up the "maximum slowed pile of creeps get sunned to death" scenario.

Flamethrower Tower

-Add some special effect to attack. Perhaps something like heats up ground where it attacks and after enough time explodes or something. I like the idea behind the tower but rapid-fire splash is too dull (fire anyone) in my opinion.

Sounds cool.

Enchantment Tower

-Inner Fire should be kept. I'm not so sold on Faerie Fire though. Additionally, this tower could probably use one more ability to spice it up.

Fairy fire is very importand imo, as the map needs two armour reducers. They should share no elements to be spread to "opposite sides of the builds". If we have only one armour reducer (acid), the builds get harder to balance. If we have none, we lose diversity.

Summoning Tower

-Drakes should perhaps have some sort of AI to make it easier for players to control. Also, they should have some abilities on them. Example: Suicide Dive - Drake dives down and explodes into ground. Does some damage and some special effect.

Carefull. Watch Cataras challenge 8 entry with dfne (Replay). He proves that they are very strong atm. They might even be overpowered. It's just that noone found out so far.

Well tower

Make it a triple. Buff a little. (30%/100% speed plus, mana cost a little down, so one tower can support about 5-7 towers, not just 3-5 as it is now.) It should get on par with acid. Two acid can power enough towers for the entire game. But you need about 5-7 well towers to power the same number of towers, and since they speed up each other, you have problems placing them. Another option would be to make them not speed up other well towers, but beeing a fan of tricky placement, I'd rather have them speed more towers.

Money Tower

Make it a triple too. Maybe exchange with metal. A little nerf here. A tower that has a mighty special effect (+% gold) should not outdo same tier damage towers w/o effect (aka rainbow and infernal). I have no problem with the next generation money tower still beeing able to solo the map with interest, but it should be harder and not possible w/o leaking anymore.

Guest mrchak

3rd spell for Enchantment Tower: SLOW!

Its an auto-cast already, and its not being used in the game.

Guest Sancdar
Enchantment Tower

Faerie Fire should be kept, but perhaps dropped in effectiveness in exchange for a slightly lower mana/cooldown? I've always wondered about the armor reduction jumping from 5 to 25. I know the map as kind of a 5x theme, but the damage jumps by 5 as well. I don't think the tower needs to be nerfed, just...refocused so that Faerie Fire + Acid doesn't own everything. And, like Cisz said, it probably shouldn't share 2 elements with Acid.

Another autocast idea is to phase shift creeps. It could be handy at some points (Elementals, anyone?) or maybe to group creeps up near the start of the wave without just a boring slow effect on them.

Sign in to follow this