EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

Suggested Changes for 1.48

Compilation of things for the next patch. From what I've gathered, this is mostly bug fixes and tower updates.

• Top of the list, this NEEDS to be fixed - https://forums.eletd.com/index.php?/topic/3407-game-breaking-bug-player-leaves-in-team/
  • To fix the current wars mode still, support towers need to send creeps. Stale, composite creeps for these should be fine.
    • That said, towers need to say what type of creep they send.

• For Race, could you make it so that All Random, Same Random, and -random actually work for it? It'd be cool if you could up your own difficulty for it too.
  • Extreme Mode
    • Since Insane difficulty has taken the wave timers away, it's time for Extreme Mode to be absolutely absurd and potentially impossible on Insane difficulty (don't know if it is or not, guess we'll see).
      • Back to 50 lives.
      • Wave timers are in accordance to your difficulty.
      • When a wave finishes spawning creeps, the countdown timer for the next wave starts. This becomes an endless stream of creeps.
      • Every 5 waves, when you get an element the break time is increased by 15 seconds from what it is now.

• Due to bugginess that is rematch when attempting to switch between modes, the settings should end up being exactly the same as previously and should thus skip the voting screens.
  • Some tower balance suggestions - https://forums.eletd.com/index.php?/topic/3410-various-tower-suggestions/
  • Celerity should reeeaaally auto-target farthest creep. Might need to potentially drop its DPS by no more than 10%, but as of now, without manually targeting (24-7 clickfest), its DPS is getting halved if not more.

I don't know how the UI overhaul update is going, but I imagine that'll be a later patch. A new Wars mode is still in the theory-crafting stage that's at least months down the road.

In Wars mode, if you get a pure element, it doesn't give minerals like it says in the tooltip. I know it was debated whether pure essence should give minerals in wars mode or not, however if that change was made, the tooltip needs to be updated, or it's just a bug.

By the way, I noticed that corpses no longer prevent building on top of them in maze mode, was that the result of a SC2 patch or an EleTD patch?

Regarding the Runic suggestion made in the various tower balance suggestions thread, 50% damage buff is fine, but when its ability activates, the damage needs to be more than halved, probably dropped to 40%.

Hail Tower feels a little weak and could use a 10% damage buff.

Also, EleTD has been hovering between 8th and 10th place on EU servers, go EleTD!

Sign in to follow this