EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

Insert random suggestions here

It's time for a random suggestions update from a random person! Some of the following is technically more along the lines of bug reports, but they're not actually bugs, so I'm putting them here.

• Buff Life Tower's damage from 24 to 30. Out of all the towers in the game, this one is easily the weakest. Yes, its effect is great, but its damage is so horrendous that it's usually not worth getting more than one as a finisher. Its like the money tower, except that money tower is waaaay better.
  • Ice tower laaaaaaaaaaags. It's not just graphics lag either; there's a huge performance issue with it. I was on the fruit round, and I've got 20 Level 3 Ice Towers w/ attack ground on, all with Level 3 Well Buff. Looking at it, graphics lag. I move off screen, the FPS goes up to about 80. The moment they start hitting the fruit themselves, it suddenly lags like crazy, and moving to the screen itself caused me to nearly lose B.net connection because of how badly it lagged. This was on LOWEST graphics settings; I usually run on maxed graphics settings and have few lag problems for other towers. I don't know what's causing the lag, but a tower that acts similar to Ice, Mildew... that one, I've actually done 20 towers w/ Level 3 Well Buffs. Minimal lag.
  • I was in a Wars match, maze mode with 4 players (including myself). The cooldowns on the towers were as follows:
    • Basic - 30 seconds
    • Single Element - 40 Seconds
    • Combo Element - 60 Seconds
  • There is something off about that, and the game was moving at a really slow pace, despite me intentionally trying to speed the game up by spamming lots of level 1 grenade towers. I know I suggested previously that maze cooldowns should be higher than in standard game, but... the basic level towers (ray/grenade) have cooldowns that are a bit too long and slow the rest of the game down to the point where I was forced to grab two pure elements just to stay alive in terms of networth.
  • As noted in this thread, some of the DPS numbers on the site are waaaay off. Pure Nature is only x10 of refined when it should be x15, and Pure Earth... I haven't the slightest idea where that number came from. All levels of Well Towers are using the previous DPS number. Velocity uses the same DPS number as Celerity. I believe that's all of them.

Personally, I think the chance-to-dodge on creeps in Hero Mode is retarded. What it does is cause too much of a reliance on the hero. While towers are a necessity in that mode, I really think the hero's damage (including all of its abilities) should just be nerfed some instead of chance-to-dodge. It's especially aggravating when using Grim only to have it miss three times in a row. Or worse yet, towers that hit slowly can get really screwed by it.

I might've had some more, I just can't remember at the moment. Anyhow, that's all I got for now.

EDIT: Here's an unexpected one - buff haste towers. Just a little bit though.

Be careful, it's a trap!

• Buffs to the following towers:
    • Poison - I vote to reverse the most recent change so that it's back to max 6 AoE but charges up slower.
    • Laser - I don't get it, on paper, its DPS is good, but the tower is still meh. I'm guessing its the fighters' travel time. Speaking of which, I've told this tower to target something close to the tower itself, but because the fighters are so far away, they don't actually listen to my commands unless I click 5+ times.
  • Quark:
    • If I haven't said it before, Quark (Earth + Light) is imbalanced. It's overpowered in the beginning and underpowered late game due to placement issues and it just not hitting right. Also, its range increase is very hard to make use of... as in, it's not worth using. That said, I will once again request.... just change it back to the original Quark. Sorry, but I don't see anyone ever using its range increase, and when you get randomed Earth 3 + Light 3 in maze, you're pretty much screwed because it won't hit much.
  • Oblivion:
    • This should have the same mechanism that Ephemeral has where, if it doesn't shoot for say, 3 seconds, it auto-reloads.
  • Anything with attack ground:
    • As it is now, if you select multiple Mildew towers and tell them all to attack ground a spot, only the first one you selected will actually attack ground. However, hitting the stop command for all towers causes them all to spot attacking ground. This is also true for Ice and Jet towers.
  • Refined Towers:
    • First tier single-element tower, fine. Focused towers, fine. Refined towers are just on the weak side though. Could their cost be reduced by 300 minerals? It seems like a lot, but I really think they need it.
  • Menu:
    • The starting menu should be spliced together so that it's one menu instead of two. If you're wondering about Wars mode, just stick something on the Wars description that says the second menu won't do anything if you select Wars. Or it could gray out the second menu if you try selecting Wars mode.
    • If you want a good example of starting voting menu, see Photon Cycles. It's flashy, but it works.
  • Creeps:
    • Speed - This is the number one round slaughtering everyone, even more than healing waves. It could use a nerf to x2 or x2.5 speed.
    • Mechanical - It can burn in a fire, lol. But yeah, could you reduce it to 3.5 seconds invulnerability? It's getting through even 10 range towers sitting on corners, and sometimes even my 12 range towers.
    • Fruit - Latest few posts in this thread - https://forums.eletd.com/Fruit-Round-t2956.html. The nerf to speed will not change my opinion on this, mainly due to single-target becoming practically worthless on the fruit round in the current format.
  • Maze:
    • Creep Speed - Back to what it was, so that it's double speed by the end.
    • Creep Regen - However, this goes down to 2% from 2.5%.
  • Hero:
    • Nerf the hero abilities a bit and get rid of the creep dodge chance, it's just something that's aggravating to deal with.
  • Wars:
    • Non-Mazing - Cooldowns reeeaaally need to go back to what they were (30/45/60 instead of 20/40/60).
    • Mazing - Rather than it being a 50% increase, drop it to 25% increase or 33% increase. 50% was definitely too high.
    • Team - Decreased gold bounty.
    • Pure Towers - Cooldown on Fruit summons should be same as combo towers, 60 seconds. As it is now, pure rush is waaaay too effective. In fact, they're way too strong in Wars mode period because of this.

Annnd that ended up being a lot more than I thought it'd be, lol.

Sign in to follow this