-Renamed Radius Tower to Runic Tower and Diameter Tower to Occult Tower

-Nerfed mineral bonus for essence purchase to 150 per wave from 160

-Added amount of minerals gained to text message for essence purchase

-Tweaked Water Tower to 18 damage from 9 and 0.66 speed from 0.31

-Buffed Runic Tower (DFL) to 180 damage from 175

-Buffed Shrapnade (DE) to 12 damage per explosion from 11

-Buffed Impetus (FNW) to 330 damage base from 300

-Buffed Quark Tower (EL) to 60 damage from 50

-Tweaked Ephemeral Tower (ENW) to 480 damage and 0.31 speed from 1000 damage and 0.66 speed

-Nerfed Helix (LW) ending explosion to 2.5 AoE from 3.75

-Buffed Napalm (DEF) to 70 damage per stack from 60

-Fixed Ice Tower (LW) tooltip error

-Fixed improper weapon name for basic element towers

-Fixed pathing dummy being vulnerable to splash (Mazing)

Lol, I love how you keep buffing a certain tower that doesn't need to be buffed at all (cough, shrapnade). Ah well, it's all good. Speaking of which, it says it fires a bomb than splits into three bombs, and each bomb does 12 damage. Does the initial bomb also do damage, or is it just the three bombs that split off from it?

Now that a certain tower on here got a certain change (won't say which one), I can do my tournament replay attempt. Even with the change, I'll probably be able to do what I intend to do still (on Hard), though I don't think it's possible anymore on Very Hard.

Overall, good update man. Thanks.

Now that a certain tower on here got a certain change (won't say which one), I can do my tournament replay attempt. Even with the change, I'll probably be able to do what I intend to do still (on Hard), though I don't think it's possible anymore on Very Hard.

You know, not many towers were nerfed in this update... :rolleyes:

Why the change, now we have 3 basic towers with 0.66 and only one with 0.31... and BTW, why is it not 0.67 and 0.33, is there any programming reason for that?

-Buffed Quark Tower (EL) to 60 damage from 50

Well, let's hope they'll become a viable choice for the harder modes... BTW, why wasn't it renamed Radius? I have an idea for the lvl 3 tower name : "Full Circle" :P

Why the change, now we have 3 basic towers with 0.66 and only one with 0.31... and BTW, why is it not 0.67 and 0.33, is there any programming reason for that?

Water tower was originally 7 damage at 0.31 attack speed. DPS wise, Pure Water was lower than Periodic Tower of Elements AND lower range, so I suggested buffing it to 9 damage at 0.31 attack speed. However, that's a little overboard, but on the flipside, 8 damage at 0.31 attack speed was a little low. I would've suggested 8.5, but Karawasa doesn't want to do with decimal numbers, so instead he did 18 damage at 0.66. Comparing DPS amounts from before to now:

• 7 @ 0.31 = 22.5 DPS
  • 8.5 @ 0.31 = 27.4 DPS
  • 9 @ 0.31 = 29 DPS
  • 18 @ 0.66 = 27.3 DPS

So it's about where my wanted-suggested level was. If you want the attack speed change, I suppose Earth can increase to 1? I dunno, lol. I think the 0.31/0.66 is for tweaking reasons as opposed to using 0.33/0.67. For example, the Water change worked out a little better using that particular switch. I'm honestly not sure though.

And yeah, it's kinda easy to guess what I'm doing for the replay tournament. Good luck doing it as good as I am though. o_O Let's just saying I'm aiming for rush kill.

I think a good point was brought up about too much 0.66 speed amongst basics. Nature tweaked to 1 speed?

Oh Earth is 1, durr hurr. Well in that case, nature.

Nope, I lied, make it Light. While Light SHOULD be decent DPS for its range, at 0.66 speed, it can actually have up to two wasted shots. It'd be better off at 1, where it can only have one wasted shot.

I dunno really.

Woops, that's when it's getting level 3 well tower boosted...

However, I still think it should be 1 (with a level 3 well tower, it would end up only having 1 wasted shot). A wasted shot is when happens when there's multiple shots out at once all directed at the same target. The first one hits and kills the target, and the ones following it hit a corpse. That's why it's great to have faster projectile speed - less or no wasted shots (magnify and celerity are instant and have no wasted shots), and thus a more accurate rendition of the DPS amount based on the stats of a tower. Light actually has fairly good projectile speed, but a level 2 well boost at its current 0.66 speed will have it shooting 1 wasted shot at maximum range and a level 3 well boost can have it shooting 2 wasted shots. If its speed were 1, a level 3 well boost would only have it shooting 1 wasted shot at best. Why I prefer Forge 3 w/ Pure Light - no wasted shots, suckers. On the flipside, Forge 3 can suffer from overkill which is arguably just as bad.

Nature well... it only has 10 range. All short-mid range towers are going to have very few wasted shots even with Well 3 boost. Nature going to 1 fire rate would then actually be a buff w/ Well 3, because then it pretty much can't have wasted shots (it ends up having 1). And quite frankly, that tower in no way needs a buff (see - every replay I've posted involving pure natures, ie DEWN and two variants of LNFE).

That said, I vote Light goes to 1 speed.

Sign in to follow this