EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest recavik

NOOB?!

Guest recavik

HI. I think i posted this in the wrong forum before.

But I just got really into TD. I've been playing DotA for the past 2 years. Element TD is probably my favorite TD so far. But I'm having trouble :/. I just watched Cisz's replay of the lfwd-n. that was pretty amazing. a few questions though.

1)Do you have to sell right when the interest counter hits 0?

2)When you build elemental arrow towers / cannons, i assume to counter the element of the next wave, why did you sometimes build in zone 7 vs. zone 6 vs. zone 2?

3)is that the easiest build to go for someone new?

thanks for the help :D

Welcome. :)

You might want to read the faq.

You neither have nor need to get extra money through income, if you know what you are doing and don't play competitive multiplayer.

As for placement, thats a very long story.

And lfwd-n is the strongest build, but others are easier. Try to use goldmines and interest.

Can you finish the map on very hard? If so, try a challenge. :) Do you have more questions? Fire away.

Guest GipFace

Competitive EleTD is a totally different beast, so much that casual players consider most competitive actions (milk interest, tower switching, aggro building) to be cheating. It's not unnatural to exceed over 250 APM in a VH SR game. I average 335 APM in the latest speedrun.

The safe position is 4. To gain interest via double cluster, one uses positions 4/5 in VH, and 7/6 in XVH. If you want to kill other people, then you have to abuse position 7. In order to do that, you have to know every level's weakness and switch your towers at will. For example, everyone knows that level 20 can be dealt with almost immediately with Storm, but not everyone knows that it will also fall to double Lava and double Death. If you pressure them with perfect counters, then they'll fall. If you receive Storm before level 30, move your entire defense to 7 and / (backslash is the spawn position) so that no one will make it past level 39. I have not faced Ronald with another person (VH SR) in over a month as a result of aggro building, partly inspired by Hyperprimate's pwnage of everyone else.

In multiplayer, sell the interest at 1.5 because it's more often than not that lag will cause you to not get interest if you sell at 1. If you are hardcore and are selling in the middle of a wave, build basic arrows totalling less than $50 beforehand in order to save a few precious seconds.

Guest recavik

thanks a lot. that really helps. both of you.

im still working on beating it on very hard.

do either of you guys play on loaderon?

Sign in to follow this