EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD Supported by GG Client

GG Client is supporting Element TD. What that means, is that there is now Element TD rooms available for use, on the GG Client WarCraft 3 server.

The rooms are on the America, Europe, and Philippines servers.

GG Client is a lan hack based client that allows for lag and cheat free game between people in different countries.

http://www.gg-game.com

Hm.

You mean a lan emulation that allows to play blizzard games w/o having a legit key? And that uses the less traffic heavy lan protocol for the game? The one that doesn't contain all the anti-cheat-checksums? Like an unauthorized version of b-net w/o the service? ;)

It's an interesting concept, but I can't see how they will prevent cheating. And I'm not entiery convinced that blizzard won't sue them. :?

And I'm against moving the eletd community to gg-client. This sounds like a split. The most players are on b-net, so why move away? :roll:

I think it might prove dangerous getting to friendly with them. The best I can see is that we might use them for an international tournament.

Guest Sancdar

GG Client has been around for ages and you can already play whatever games you want on it. I find the specific game-rooms a horrible idea, because it splits potential players into different rooms. And of course, all the US rooms are always basically empty so you can't ever get a game of anything going. I was wondering why the ugly GG Client logo was on the beta loading screen.

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of moving the eletd community to gg-client. They have provided me with advertising for the game, and game rooms where GG Client users can play Element TD. Those rooms will most likely come in handy for any international tournaments we have though. As for the loadscreen, I am planning on reworking the GG Client logo, so that it is much less ugly (I don't like it either).

Guest mrchak

Why would we put the GG client logo into the Element TD loadscreen? I don't understand.

That is what they wanted in return for advertisement on their forums, and room creation on their client. I will make it as non-intrusive/ugly as possible.

Guest Warcryptic

think of it this way, what gg does is making etd more popular... ON THEIR CLIENT. They wanna make the players play the game on their server, it wont get more crowded in bnet northrend, i can assure you that.

Guest mrchak

Does it make Element TD less legitimate to associate with software that encourages illegal copies of Warcraft 3 to be used? Element TD received recognition from Blizzard a while ago as a spotlight game, does this association jeopardize that kind of recognition in the future?

Guest GkJ-mo

and tbh the person able to buy a legit wc3 copy does not need to use gg anyway, i think we dont need em atall

Guest Sancdar

There's a total of 1 person in the 3 EleTD rooms right now. Woo.

I have made a tentative decision here, and I think it is the best of both worlds. GG Client has already provided both the rooms and the forum post. To offer them nothing would be dishonorable, as I did agree to associate with them. However, what they offered came with a large delay (one month past when it should have been), and to be honest isn't that much. What angers me, is that they promised me in-client advertisement, and they provided it for less than a day (and then acted like they were doing me a huge favor). Because of this, and the point that MrChak brought up, I will not be putting their logo in the loading screen. That kind of advertisement surely outweighs what they have done for Element TD. What I will do, is keep them in the affiliates section of the website, and I will also keep the information on the Element TD rooms on the download page.

Guest Meatsim009

Is there anyone here that actually uses the GGclient? I see the rooms, and they have a handful of people in them, but i never see them talking, and no games appear in the local channel in the LAN section. I also don't get the whole 'tunnel me' thing that everyone is saying. Can anyone help me understand how this works please?

edited 'channel me' to 'tunnel me.' I'm trying to find out what it means from the gg client forums, bot having too much luck

Sign in to follow this