EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Svalin

Quake towers & compliments

Hey all,

First of, thanks for making this map. By far the most awesome tower defense map around (maybe even better then skibi's in wc3 :blink: )

Tried playing around in multiplayer bit today and after various attempts I found a nice strategy (58 fruit on normal, but my execution sucks)... maybe someone found out about it before me though :P

The element order: Interest, Interest, E1, F1, N1, W1, E2, F2, N2, W2, F3

Tower order:

Grenade towers (Sell these at interest points) > Quake + Forge + Well (Upgrade these) > Pure Fire

It is very important that you place the Quake towers in the middle of the Map where the mobs walk around them in a circle. This gives them HUGE AoE :)

Try it out... it looked awesome :D

EDIT: Build haste towers (fire) to kill of watertypes that survive the quakes :)

interesting...

quake early on and transitoin into hastes.

what is the 3rd fire for? what if that turned into interest right after you get all the level 1 elements?

waht do you think the benefits of going 2 light is, at the end? polar tower with a 30% hp reduction is just crazy. it also allows access to some slow towers.

Thanks for your reply,

Earth is weak against nature and I think fire was good v nature, so I thought after the haste ill just get pure fire towers... didnt really have a plan :P

The Polar (or Glacial) is nice. Maybe switch the quake towers for Tsunami's... (Im not sure if they are quite as good, the tooltip does suggest it).. Then you can get either the 120%haste or the Glacial in the end

$>$>w1>l1>n1>w2>l2>n2>e1>e2 (=Glacial)

$>$>w1>l1>n1>w2>l2>n2>w3>n3 (=Fountain)

According to tooltip Tsunami's do 10000 damage in 10 AoE every 3.1 second, which means every ~1.4s with fountain. (If you have to manually trigger it it could suck though. Not sure how good the autocasting on this is.)

You get torrent and spring pretty early, which seems like a good combo on paper.

Then again this is all theory ;) Ill try it when I have more time.

Just to clarify, the 10000 damage of Tsunami is at the maximum level. You'd need 31 seconds to reach that. With Fountain it would be every 14 seconds. Once you reach the maximum level it will autocast for you if you have autocast turned on. Does seem like a good combo indeed.

i've definitel ybeen inspired by this build and i've been trying to do it.

i keep messing up on execution so yeah. u really have to watch out for levle 18, 31, and 41 eh?

when i do your orignal build, i go

short mode

interest

interest

nature (nature first b/c of order of waves, plus killing earth more easily)

earth (use mildew tower)

fire

water

fire, earth (for better haste into upgraded quack - haste towers suck against water levels)

water nature

Then light. polar plus some slow is better than a somewhat useless lvl 3 fire.

but i keep messing up so yeah. theoretically u would have enough haste towers to do single target dps, so u wont need ultra pure fire.

as i kept failling, i realized something... and i want to give props to the programmers for making this challenging, enough to be fun. everyone knows how many TD's there are that are just so boring and ez. using interest does away with a lot of that, but the difficulty could still be far easier. i like it this way. nice and challenging.

my main failures are basically remembering that i have to do X for wave number Y. yeah. i would make a horrible watchman or tower guard.

Sign in to follow this