EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
pyrobob262

Bugs from v.1

Whatever current sc is... lol

Lvl 23 sitl lhas no health bars.

Drowning tower t2 one shots till ~wave 35

Flamethrower is.. .bugged to all hell and back? Should i list bugs for it?

Clerety is still bugged, dmg is ok, but as someone earlier pointed out it fires with a .1 attack once on a target. Same with velocity.

Btw.

FROOT!

Flamethrower is.. .bugged to all hell and back? Should i list bugs for it?

Please do. Flamethrower required some serious tomfoolery to get working and I want to make sure all the kinks get worked out.

Just for reference, the current implementation is done with data-only and the sequence looks something like this-

1. Creep gets the "Napalm" buff when hit by FT

2. Napalm buff adds +spell damage per stack to the creep's offensive spells

3. If creep dies while under the effect of Napalm, the fatal attack is reduced to 0 damage and the unit instead uses an ability that blows it up for damage equal to +spell bonus from the Napalm stacks

The one bug I'm aware of is that units are apparently dying when Napalm is removed, even if they weren't hit for fatal damage. This was probably caused by the way I set up the unit's suicide to give credit to the FT tower. If there are any others, we definitely need to know about them.

Well the falling off killing them bit REALLY limits beta testing lol. you can beat the game with 1 flamethrower tower t2 almost.

Well, from recollection, is it supposed to aoe? I assume so. This aoe can clean miss mobs that should otherwise be hit. There is no stack indicator.

The bug you mentioned has another caveat to it, they still die even if the tower is still applying debuffs. I dunno how sc2 works but in WoW thats a totally different issue x.x other than that, I would suggest 4 seconds for napalm duration, its is critically hard to get a kill in a 3 second window, and for +180ish dmg requires far too much micro.

It deals damage and applies stacks in an AoE of 4. Direct damage is in a 2/4 AoE for 100%/50% dmg. Technically, it is hitting what it's set up to, but depending on where you place the tower the damage won't necessarily match the visual fire. Is that what you're referring to?

Each invidual "stack" lasts 3 seconds, independently of one another, so it sounds like the bug is occurring any time a stack falls off (rather than removal of the entire debuff). It's not intended to be a tower you have to micro at any point, so we can look into adjusting certain values if that becomes necessary.

We've talked about doing a visual indicator for the fire stacks and we do have a basic visual debuff effect, but it can get really noisy with many towers firing so it's hard to see stuff like that. We'll usually opt to put any valid notifications over the tower instead of over the creeps (and that would be problematic when you're hitting 3-5+ creeps at a time). We're definitely open to suggestions for improving this aspect. Perhaps a text tag indicating explosion damage when it goes off?

Anyway, I think I know what's causing this and I'll re-work it for the next update.

So it lacks the actual line effect that its visual makes it look like it would have? if so, then yes. Maybe change it to a lobbed napalm bomb to clarify the tower?

And a text tag on the unit that sets off the stack would be very nice.

So it lacks the actual line effect that its visual makes it look like it would have? if so, then yes. Maybe change it to a lobbed napalm bomb to clarify the tower?

Correct. But I can see the argument for consistency here.

I think the Fire tower gets away with that type of damage area because of the arcing motion of its flame attack, but the Flamethrower does look like it should be hitting everything between the tower and the target point. I'd like to get Karawasa's thoughts on that one and see what our options are.

Sign in to follow this