EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Chiquihuite

0.1 Playthrough notes

Failed at wave 40-ish, only a few big things jumped out at me with the elements I picked-

• Grenade towers need a more appropriate missile effect
  • Elemental grenade towers need appropriate missile effects
  • Elemental grenade/ray towers sell for 100% instead of 75%
  • Trickery tower needs a proper error message upon failure to clone
  • Ice and Magnify towers feel really weak

They are supposed to sell for 100%.

I found myself mass-building elemental ray towers at the end of the path if I had leaks, then re-selling afterwards so I could keep gaining interest on that mass of minerals. This allowed me to save much more money than I otherwise would have building permanent towers to prevent the leaks. Do we really want to reward that kind of play?

selling and rebuilding towers for interest (even more so in random, where the entire defence could be sold and rebuilt based on element) was part of higher-level eletd play in wc3. One aspect of the game that makes eletd what it is.

In wc3 competitive single player (mostly the forum draft series), top players spent the first 3 lumber on interest, played the first 30 waves just building and selling elemental arrow towers and farming the interest.

Indeed, it is part of why I sticked to Element TD (I usually become bored after a while with other td's)

Although I would like a bit more rewarding in spending money on a static defense combined with selling/rebuying.

Now you will just get ray/grenade until you got your first dual/focused tower if not longer.

A problem that could then occur would be for those that play random that will instead not get ray/grenade towers.

Sign in to follow this