EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GkJ-mo

[BETA 1] concerning chaos mode

Guest GkJ-mo

first off: i really like it the way it is right now

but ive got a suggestion to lower/avoid the init_triggers stutter:

when chaos mode is selected you could generate the first 10 rounds (writing every already used mob into an array or whatever to memorize it)

and at lvl 5 you could generate 11-15, at lvl 10 16-20 and so on

as -[element] doesnt work in chaos you should not get in trouble this way

BTW: still missing the -air info :D

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

On another note, I feel like your randomization doesn't work properly. I just got both Light/Healing waves in a row, followed by both Composite/Undead waves together.

Guest GkJ-mo

i didnt test much, only played 2 games to lvl 30/40 but I too got a lot of double-waves, read: 2 consecutive waves with same element (not the feat like undead but the element type)

I really like the new chaos. It's great. :D

About the double elements, thats more like a question of taste and difficulty. Right now I can't tell which elements are coming or which have come for the last time, so the map got a lot harder in chaos. Double rounds are easy to destroy, so this kind off lowers the difficulty again.

Yes the new chaos is pretty god, but it should be more randomised.

I got 4 earth in a row and the 2 first were fast the third healing and the fourth undead.

Guest Sancdar

Cisz: double light/heal is not fun when all you've got is 2 interest and Darkness.

Randomize Spawn Monsters
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 0 to 59, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Random_Spawn = (Random integer number between 0 and 59)
                Set Temp_Spawn = Spawns[(Integer A)]
                Set Spawns[(Integer A)] = Spawns[Random_Spawn]
                Set Spawns[Random_Spawn] = Temp_Spawn

As for the stutter, that solution wouldn't work if Chaos mode is NOT selected. I hope that once the coder converts that trigger to JASS and optimizes it, the stutter will go away or at least be reduced.

Guest Sancdar

If the lag is from setting the multiboard info, it shouldn't make a difference whether they are on chaos or not.

If they do pick chaos, give the alternate -earth -fire etc. text when they use the command. If they don't, stick with the original text.

If they do pick chaos, randomize the spawns. If they don't, stick with the normal order. No matter which happens, do the next X levels of the multiboard every X levels.

As for your randomization code, it should work equally well to set it to pick a random integer number between A and 59 to swap with - in this case, it will allow you to incrementally randomize the spawns, rather than doing it all at the start. If you do 1 or 2 levels of randoming every 1 level, you'll spread that lag out too.

He figured out how to analyze the units without creating and removing them instantly. Used unit types instead.

You can't chose chaos if you have all pick :?

Well for a couple of days now, we beta testers in the clan played the beta.

And we had all pick and after that i tryed to manually enter chaos, but it didn't work.

Didn't this work before in 3.0?

You can't manually enter chaos anymore, nor can you manually enter anything except for allrandom/samerandom. You must either vote on it, or have the host select it.

Dang!

You should be able to pick chaos or extreme or whatever and simotnasesly (forgive my spelling) choose what dificult you want.

Upon more thought, it makes sense. I will make it so that Chaos and Extreme can be entered by host. I'm also considering making Allrandom/Samerandom voteable too.

Sign in to follow this