EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Chaos Mode

That is an interesting idea Cisz. However, I think it is more work than it is worth. With Chaos mode, there will be spam at the start when "good," players get an idea of what is coming. However, it should be tolerable, after all, when one person types -earth, no one else has to. The noobs won't even bother to do it, so there is less to worry about.

How about an "-all" command? That gives all waves as a list? Or "-next5"? Maybe a button on the worker? And messages only to the player?

Or you could put the list into a tooltip of a button of the worker, thats how some of the td's give info to players.. Maybe spread them into 3 blocks.

Besides the work with the icons is really worth it, as it would look really cool with all the colourfull objects.. Should be possible with a loop, right?

And again, I really think you should disable the commands in case of chaos if you don't give an easy way to check the waves.

Guest Sancdar

I think it's weird to show what's coming in Chaos in the first place. I mean...it's Chaos.

Could just disable the commands, that way the only information you have is the next wave coming up. Should be suspenseful :).

Guest mrchak

I'll be happy to test out these ideas with abilities and triggers, but I actually don't have war3 and won't have it until sunday. But Karawasa, I agree with what you said, I think its all good.

The healing could be made even simpler, with a trigger, every second, a healing unit is given back 1% of its HP (or whatever we determine). As long as all healing units are given a distinguishing feature, then it will be easy for the trigger to select them and heal a bit'o'health, regardless of their actualy Max HP.

Thanks for agreeing to lend a helping hand. I got my computer back, and tested the above things. The verdict? Chaos mode as of now is in the game as discussed above! You can look forward to it :).

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

That big graph on page 1 is missing Tinker and Tinker (ult). Tinker Ult would make a fine Earth Mechanical, and we've already figured out the rest.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, wouldn't Ballista make a fine Nature Mech? I remember RoC having them.

Sign in to follow this