EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Warcryptic

Oppinions and ideas about the tournament.

Guest Warcryptic

Well, the first tour was a succes, in my oppinion, and I would like anybody that participated or was there give their oppinion and ideas how to make the tournament still go better.

Point 1: Make clear rules about how to clear the game

Point 2: Make things clear about things like what if people leave, from what level should we reset that kind of things.

Point 3: There's no point 3, just an thank you for Cisz for the well organizing and fun day.

This thread is a good idea.

As for point 2, I was totally clear as what to do in case of a disconnect: If the game is in it's early stages, restart. If not, it's a loss. In case of doubts I use the rules of the WWCL. I've handled things like that in many tournaments, I just didn't state it before this one.

So was the game in question in its early stages? Jolin012 got dropped in wave 15. I was unsure, but decided that this might be considered early midgame. We can decide this in detail for the next tournament.

Things to change: Write a boring ruleset that noone reads and pretend "I've told you so" for the next time. :wink:

Guest energig

I think maybe we need hosts for each game, so that people dont get the host advantage when manually attacking creeps.

I also think that if a player finishes level 60 with more lives than another player then he should win.

Hmmmm maybe we could have more players per round aswell, but more people progress to the next round aswell. Just to create a more friendly atmosphere and so that everyone can see whats happening, and not stuck having the whisper people.

Or if we could be bothered, we could have one massive league type thing. After every game you see how many lives you have left, and then they get added to the total.

@ energig - Thanks for the big feedback.

I think maybe we need hosts for each game, so that people dont get the host advantage when manually attacking creeps.

That is a problem, as the hosts need to have a decent connection and normally can't participate in the event. One idea might be to let the weakest player of a match be the host, but that might lag all if his system/connection sucks. Or we need 3-4 very helpfull non-eletd-players that don't mind 4 hours of siting there just watching. MagicalHacker has a very decent connection and 3 tft keys, so he can host 2 extra games, maybe we have more such members that can help out.

I also think that if a player finishes level 60 with more lives than another player then he should win.

That winning condition is as good or bad as "last one standing" imo. I want more opinions on that matter please.

Hmmmm maybe we could have more players per round aswell, but more people progress to the next round aswell. Just to create a more friendly atmosphere and so that everyone can see whats happening, and not stuck having the whisper people.

More players advancing requires disciplined players that can report that, and after the first event I'd say we've got enough such players. :) We'd also need more players per game, as best two of three players per match doesn't sound fair as well. Imo at least 4 players per game are required to let 2 advance. As for the "friendly atmosphere", maybe we can play swiss system or double elimination, both have advantages and disadvantages.

Or if we could be bothered, we could have one massive league type thing. After every game you see how many lives you have left, and then they get added to the total.

We are working on a league. I don't like the "how many lives you have left". Don't you agree that randoming tech of life as the first dual has nothing to do with skill? And that winning 10 games w/o life giving tower doesn't mean that a player plays bad? :wink:

Guest Warcryptic

About the whole lives thing, I agree with Cisz, but theres something that i have to add to the problem. When i had my match against 13est, it was a very very good match, but I lost because 1 thing, no experience in setting towers when Ronald arrives, It was a big disadventage. I can't think of any other way to solve this but it still bothers me. Maybe we can brainstorm together with this.

Last player stands is a great way of playing, but maybe we should use racemode with it, i mean, if it allways comes out to ronald, its just gonna be who's more experienced with that. And when you use racemode, the 1 that was fast has more adventage and it should give a clearer way to see whos better.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Have you considered... practicing your Ronald tower placement? Sorry if I sound cold, but if you lost because you didn't know how to do something, then how is that anyone else's fault?

Guest energig

Next tournament that we have, then i'll put myself up for hosting games, i've got a decent connection and to be honest, i dont really have much chance of winning anyway ^^

Another advantage of having fewer games with more people in them would be that we only need host, i forgot to add that. I peronally feel that full games with 8 people in, and 4 advancing would be more fun.

Full games don't work afaik. I've done some testing on that. There will be lag for at least 2 players in a normal game. I'd say the safe maximum is 4, if we must 5 players, else we exclude those that didn't spend money big time.

But why would we want big games anyway? Other players suggested 1on1s only.

Guest GkJ-mo

how did you encounter lag?

i play full vh/sr games mostly and cant remember anyone complaining about lag

There are two reasons for this, you have to play with decent players that can all survive till wave 25 or so, and you have to ask them regularily. Most players that encounter lag curse silently.

Or maybe your connection rocks.. :)

Guest Sancdar
how did you encounter lag?

i play full vh/sr games mostly and cant remember anyone complaining about lag

Not all of us live in the same location. I attempted to play in a game after the tournament, and I did pretty well but with 2.5 seconds of delay micro was virtually impossible and even rebuilding was a major challenge.

my idea is no only 1round by lvl of the tournament

we way 1h for 1 game arff

the better of 3 round or if they are mor of 4 player by round take the 2 last player stading for the next lvl tournament

may be make a championship if 1 round only

last standing go semi

2nd last standing vs 2nd of all other games semi B

and when its finish

FINAL

final B

exemple

1,2,3,4 ----- 1 win,3 (2nd)

4,5,6,7 ----- 4 win,6 (2nd)

8,9,10,11 -----11 Win, 8 (2nd)

12,13,14,15 ------12 win, 14 (2nd)

SEMI

semi 1= 1,4,-------1 win

semi 2=11,12-------12 WIn

semi B

semi B1 = 3,6 -------6Win

semi B2 = 8,14-------14 WIN

FINAL

1 Vs 12

match for 3nd place

4 Vs 11

match for 5nd place

6 Vs 14

match for 7nd place (or dont do this depend number of players)

3 vs 8

It s only some idea ^^

because i repeat w8 1 hours for play one game

round 1 = 4 players only one go next lvl and play other its too many fast

and 1 game play is not the reality lvl of one player we can make mistake ;)

i loose against hyper on first round

and i cant play against other and know if im good too

;)

Guest Warcryptic

Ocmass you got a really nice list for a tournament, maybe we can use this for next tour

@ocmassreo

That's basically a swiss system tournament with 2^n players and n rounds (2^3=8 players and 3 rounds in your example).

But we never had waiting time. Who lost was out. So whats that with the waiting time? Are you talking about a double elimination? That's got tons of waiting time allright, and that's exactly the reason why I favour swiss system.

But let me ask you a question: If we play swiss with say, 14 players, do you belive that all of them will play all rounds? Even the ones that keep loosing? I fear to many might chicken out and spoil the event. Still this is my favourite choice.

ok its just an idea ^^

that s depend nmber of players

element td map have 8 slots

if they are 16 players mini

we can take the last standing and the 2nd for semi

2semi with 4 players and not 2

and for the final

the last standing of each semi on duel

1/ because we have slots for

2/ to have second chance to win against the first of round1 (ex vs hyper his tech is good for many gold, and in my game, 3 first wood are "interest" its better for him, but if the elements are differents perhaps i have better gestion of the element)

3/tournament more interresting or all

if they are more player we see

if we have - of 16 players stay on swiss tech

but its just an idea ;)

and for host game

we can ask to a neutral person to host

if we can ^^

Sign in to follow this